OP rantinasha

28th April 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Hello guys,
Well around 3 months before I rooted my HTC explorer and flashed SHTD ROM.

Now to the problem:-
I flashed this rom and everything was working perfectly fine till one night, suddenly my 3G stopped working. I checked online for all the solutions and tried using my sim on some other phone and still 3G was not working. I tried erasing everything and reflashed the same rom. So I finally got the reason that it was a problem with my SIM and 3G was not working. So now I go to bangalore and change my SIM from tata DOCOMO and then 3G works jus fine. Today I'm back to pune and again I am facing the same problem and my 3G is not working again. I tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* and tried changing the network type to WCDMA only, and still my 3G is not working. It was just yesterday that my 3G was working perfectly fine in bangalore and today I'm in pune and its not working here. I tried calling the DoCoMo people and they say there is no problem with the 3G network there. So I am still wondering what the problem is. My 2G is working perfectly fine but there is some problem with the 3G thingy. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by rantinasha; 28th April 2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: the title was wrong its 3G and not 2G
28th April 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag udupi
Thanks Meter: 22

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantinasha

Hello guys,
Well around 3 months before I rooted my HTC explorer and flashed SHTD ROM.

Now to the problem:-
I flashed this rom and everything was working perfectly fine till one night, suddenly my 3G stopped working. I checked online for all the solutions and tried using my sim on some other phone and still 3G was not working. I tried erasing everything and reflashed the same rom. So I finally got the reason that it was a problem with my SIM and 3G was not working. So now I go to bangalore and change my SIM from tata DOCOMO and then 3G works jus fine. Today I'm back to pune and again I am facing the same problem and my 3G is not working again. I tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* and tried changing the network type to WCDMA only, and still my 3G is not working. It was just yesterday that my 3G was working perfectly fine in bangalore and today I'm in pune and its not working here. I tried calling the DoCoMo people and they say there is no problem with the 3G network there. So I am still wondering what the problem is. My 2G is working perfectly fine but there is some problem with the 3G thingy. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

buddy problem is not with your Rom problem is with 3g signal... try calling customer care executive and ensure if 3g is working in your locality...
hope I helped you...
28th April 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashking

buddy problem is not with your Rom problem is with 3g signal... try calling customer care executive and ensure if 3g is working in your locality...
hope I helped you...

Hey, thanks for replying. Well I did contact the customer service for the same issue before I wrote it down here and it seems like the 3G here is working absolutely fine. Now I really dont know what the problem is. Is it something with rooting? I have a friend of mine who is working with android app development company for years and I asked him about this problem, he said 2G and 3G both share the same hardware so it cannot be a problem with the hardware. Now I am clueless so as what to do if it aint a hardware problem, if it aint a ROM problem, and it aint a network problem, then why isnt it working here where as it was working yesterday in a different city?
28th April 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #4  
Flag udupi
Thanks Meter: 22

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantinasha

Hey, thanks for replying. Well I did contact the customer service for the same issue before I wrote it down here and it seems like the 3G here is working absolutely fine. Now I really dont know what the problem is. Is it something with rooting? I have a friend of mine who is working with android app development company for years and I asked him about this problem, he said 2G and 3G both share the same hardware so it cannot be a problem with the hardware. Now I am clueless so as what to do if it aint a hardware problem, if it aint a ROM problem, and it aint a network problem, then why isnt it working here where as it was working yesterday in a different city?

buddy I think you should check 3g signal of Docomo in other devices...
I don't think its the problem of your phone...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread