T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

SIM card issue is back

OP wildbillc

27th April 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Leesburg, GA
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
More
Did the update a couple of days ago and now the SIM card will not read. Took it to Verizon and asked if the update had anything to do with this issue and they looked at me with a blank face...so now I pose the question...
Does anyone else have SIM card issues? I have a warranty replacement on the way but thought I would ask to see if there is a real issue or just a random SIM slot failure.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
27th April 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155

1,089 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbillc

Did the update a couple of days ago and now the SIM card will not read. Took it to Verizon and asked if the update had anything to do with this issue and they looked at me with a blank face...so now I pose the question...
Does anyone else have SIM card issues? I have a warranty replacement on the way but thought I would ask to see if there is a real issue or just a random SIM slot failure.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Permanent solution is to get a new Sim tray from HTC. They made a thicker one and if you contact their support and ask for it they will send you one out for free. Then you won't get any Sim card errors anymore.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th April 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 38

297 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345

Permanent solution is to get a new Sim tray from HTC. They made a thicker one and if you contact their support and ask for it they will send you one out for free. Then you won't get any Sim card errors anymore.

This. And they will send it for free and without hassle. Mine came in about a week.

Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #4  

58 posts
As long as you live in the US.. They weren't very cooperative with sending it abroad.. But mine is on the way now

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Leesburg, GA

4 posts
More
Thumbs up Thanks
I will call Monday and order the new tray for the replacement phone so i won't have this issue again. Thanks for your help.
28th April 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have this problem every once in awhile I usually restart and it's fine. Ice had my DNA for awhile will they still send one to me?
28th April 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345

I put tape on the back of mine and haven't had an issue since. It's a good temp solution while you wait on the new tray.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread