Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM card issue is back

Tip us?

wildbillc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default SIM card issue is back

Did the update a couple of days ago and now the SIM card will not read. Took it to Verizon and asked if the update had anything to do with this issue and they looked at me with a blank face...so now I pose the question...
Does anyone else have SIM card issues? I have a warranty replacement on the way but thought I would ask to see if there is a real issue or just a random SIM slot failure.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbillc View Post
Did the update a couple of days ago and now the SIM card will not read. Took it to Verizon and asked if the update had anything to do with this issue and they looked at me with a blank face...so now I pose the question...
Does anyone else have SIM card issues? I have a warranty replacement on the way but thought I would ask to see if there is a real issue or just a random SIM slot failure.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
Permanent solution is to get a new Sim tray from HTC. They made a thicker one and if you contact their support and ask for it they will send you one out for free. Then you won't get any Sim card errors anymore.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seeingwhite
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post
Permanent solution is to get a new Sim tray from HTC. They made a thicker one and if you contact their support and ask for it they will send you one out for free. Then you won't get any Sim card errors anymore.

This. And they will send it for free and without hassle. Mine came in about a week.

Tapatalk

desheh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
As long as you live in the US.. They weren't very cooperative with sending it abroad.. But mine is on the way now

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

wildbillc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Thanks

I will call Monday and order the new tray for the replacement phone so i won't have this issue again. Thanks for your help.

Blairfelts@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have this problem every once in awhile I usually restart and it's fine. Ice had my DNA for awhile will they still send one to me?

kent c
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post

I put tape on the back of mine and haven't had an issue since. It's a good temp solution while you wait on the new tray.