Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data issues with T-Mobile

Tip us?

Z33type
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Data issues with T-Mobile

I have a factory unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I am using it for the T-Mobile network. I'm not able to get connection via 4G LTE at times and data will drop leaving me with no internet. At first I rooted my phone using Kingo to be able to enable the "service mode" but either way rooted or not I was able to access the service mode by using the Root explorer text editor by enabling it to " ON " instead of " OFF" I unrooted my phone back to stock by the way.

Anyways, BAND 4 was already set to ON by default on the service mode so on the next step which was inputting all the right APN to fast.t-mobile.com and all the correct apn settings. Also its set to "Global" and having set to LTE/CDMA doesn't make a difference at all. I get HSPA if I leave it at GSM/USMC.

Ok so now having it set to Global or LTE. I keep dropping signals or losing it 100% completely. I am getting the 4G LTE symbol on my phone with full bar,but no connection??? I live in Glendale,AZ and we have full 100% LTE SUPPORT in our area, my previous LG G2 always had 4G LTE and no issues with connectivity.

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG? DO I REALLY NEED TO BE ROOTED? PLUS MY MMSC MEDIA MESSAGING IS NOT WORKING EVEN WITH THE CORRECT APN SETTINGS.

Z33type
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default RE:

BUMP!!