Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

.757 FCs with spell checkers?

Tip us?

HoTsHoT89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default .757 FCs with spell checkers?

Hi there,

I notice that on .757, using the spell checker when using the keyboard will cause the app to FC. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, here's how to test it:

1. Install a keyboard that has a spell checker (Nextapp Keyboard, Google Keyboard).
2. Reboot.
3. Go to Settings -> Language and Input -> Spell Checker. Ensure the radio button is selected, and Spell Checker is enabled.
4. Open any textbox which invokes the keyboard. Type a word, gibberish, then a word, eg. 'hello helly hello'. 'helly' should be underlined in red.
5. Tap the underlined word, and a small popup should display showing possible correct words. Pick any one, and it will FC at this point.
6. Repeat step 6, but your first word should be gibberish, eg. 'helly hello'. When you correct it, it does not FC.

Let me know if anyone is running into this issue on .757. Thanks!

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoTsHoT89 View Post
Hi there,

I notice that on .757, using the spell checker when using the keyboard will cause the app to FC. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, here's how to test it:

1. Install a keyboard that has a spell checker (Nextapp Keyboard, Google Keyboard).
2. Reboot.
3. Go to Settings -> Language and Input -> Spell Checker. Ensure the radio button is selected, and Spell Checker is enabled.
4. Open any textbox which invokes the keyboard. Type a word, gibberish, then a word, eg. 'hello helly hello'. 'helly' should be underlined in red.
5. Tap the underlined word, and a small popup should display showing possible correct words. Pick any one, and it will FC at this point.
6. Repeat step 6, but your first word should be gibberish, eg. 'helly hello'. When you correct it, it does not FC.

Let me know if anyone is running into this issue on .757. Thanks!
try to clear data of the keyboard.

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work

HoTsHoT89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling View Post
try to clear data of the keyboard.
thanks - but it's the same thing.

No one having any trouble like I did?

HoTsHoT89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Shameless bump, but I need to know if anyone is facing the same issue.

akusokuzan
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Clear messaging app data and it works fine again. I find I have to do it after every reboot.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by akusokuzan View Post
Clear messaging app data and it works fine again. I find I have to do it after every reboot.
Still a problem, it's just a temporary fix and even frustrating to do this after every reboot.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

HoTsHoT89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by akusokuzan View Post
Funny, it still does not work for me even when I clear the data for messaging. Even clearing the keyboard data doesn't help.