Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen causes tones to caller

Tip us?

rob1013
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Screen causes tones to caller

Hi there

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but couldnt find anyone who has had the same problem.

When making a call, if my ear touches the screen, it sends MF tones to the other caller. I did get them my end, but turned off tones in menu hoping this would cure it, but now just sends them to the other end, hence i have to call people using loudspeaker!

I am probably being really stupid here, but any help would be gratefully received.

regards

rob

Inquirer8087
Old
Thanks Meter 0
"You're holding the phone the wrong way : The proximity sensor is at the upper left edge of the phone, it might not register your ear near it (usually left ear).Try holding it differently or try the right ear.

Wilks3y
Old
Thanks Meter 638

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquirer8087 View Post
"You're holding the phone the wrong way : The proximity sensor is at the upper left edge of the phone, it might not register your ear near it (usually left ear).Try holding it differently or try the right ear.
This is a solution, as it works for me

BUT WTF SONY? We have to hold our phone in right ear otherwise it puts phone down/puts on hold and randomly presses other numbers.

I'm seriously pissed at my Z1C.

Touchscreen randomly stops working
Touchscreen goes crazy tapping all over the screen opening millions of apps etc
Can't hold my phone in right ear on call
WiFi downloads slower than Data Connection.

WHAT THE **** IS THIS SONY?
Seriously unimpressed... and I'm paying almost iPhone 5s price and I can guarantee this wouldn't be happening on iPhone 5s
If I Helped feel free to Thank me

My Websites: