Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

4G Icon always showing in notification bar even when on Wifi?

OP SamVib

28th April 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 34

439 posts
More
My 4G/LTE icon in my notification bar is always there, even if I am on wifi. I read that it has something to do with City ID. The free 15 day trial should've ran out a couple of days ago, since I bought it on the 12th.

I had to replace my first HTC M8 because of an unrelated issue, and yet it still had the constant 4G icon. I also had Titanium Backup unistall it.

Is there anyway to disable this **** bloatware? I am seriously fed up with it. Maybe call AT&T and tell them to disable City ID?
28th April 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVib

My 4G/LTE icon in my notification bar is always there, even if I am on wifi. I read that it has something to do with City ID. The free 15 day trial should've ran out a couple of days ago, since I bought it on the 12th.

I had to replace my first HTC M8 because of an unrelated issue, and yet it still had the constant 4G icon. I also had Titanium Backup unistall it.

Is there anyway to disable this **** bloatware? I am seriously fed up with it. Maybe call AT&T and tell them to disable City ID?

if you're rooted, which i'm assuming since you're running titanium backup, i think you could just install a clean custom ROM for sense that has everything beautifully debloated. Although the thing is i'm not sure that problem really has to do with City ID. Happened to me before on previous phones, custom rom or not.
28th April 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23

384 posts
I have no problem on it. everything is ok and using smoothly.
28th April 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #4  
SF, CA - NYC
Thanks Meter: 357

896 posts
More
AT&T always keeps their data icon on with WiFi

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread