Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I fix this

Tip us?

3CPO_R2D2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] How do I fix this

I edited the build.prob file change lcd density to 720. now I can't access phone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-01-03-38-22.png
Views:	9
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	2713218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-01-03-38-33.png
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	2713219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-01-03-38-28.png
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	2713220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-01-03-38-40.png
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	2713221  

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
If you know how to use adb, and have USB Debugging or a custom recovery set up, you might be able to pull the build.prop, edit it on your computer, push it back, change permissions, and reboot to resolve. You aren't able to access your apps or anything like that, I suppose?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

3CPO_R2D2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
If you know how to use adb, and have USB Debugging or a custom recovery set up, you might be able to pull the build.prop, edit it on your computer, push it back, change permissions, and reboot to resolve. You aren't able to access your apps or anything like that, I suppose?
Am try to that, using DroidExplorer but after editng the build.prop the changes are not being saved. I thing usb debugging mode is disabled and I cant access anything in my phone. my device doesnt show in" fastboot devices"command when I use the ADB

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
fastboot devices only works in fastboot/bootloader mode and adb works when booted (with USB Debugging enabled) or via most custom recoveries. Did you install a custom recovery or just root? If just root, it might just be easier to return the device to stock and reroot.
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

theprakhar
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CPO_R2D2 View Post
I edited the build.prob file change lcd density to 720. now I can't access phone
If you are running any custom rom..extract that zip...copy that build.prop to sd card...now using Root Explorer on your phone copy it and head on to /system...delete the build.prop and paste the new one..and Reboot.
P.S.:Remember to Mount R/W before pasting it.

People who think can change,
the world are the people who do.

-Pŗåkĥăŕ Mĩŝĥŕă (ĐmåStîkhör)

YOUR FEEDBACK IS MY SALARY

Click Here For Real Madrid Theme

Click Here for Chelsea FC Theme

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprakhar View Post
If you are running any custom rom..extract that zip...copy that build.prop to sd card...now using Root Explorer on your phone copy it and head on to /system...delete the build.prop and paste the new one..and Reboot.
P.S.:Remember to Mount R/W before pasting it.
Don't think he can use his phone well enough to make that work. according to the way the pictures look, which is why I didn't suggest that one. All apps are going to be like that and it's not something you can scroll around in like you would if you zoomed in on the browser or something similar.

The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theprakhar
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Don't think he can use his phone well enough to make that work. according to the way the pictures look, which is why I didn't suggest that one. All apps are going to be like that and it's not something you can scroll around in like you would if you zoomed in on the browser or something similar.
Opz..my bad...i forgot that this is only his problem......yup...but still one other option left...he can install the zip of the rom which he is currently using WITHOUT formatting or wiping...just over-writing...It might work..

People who think can change,
the world are the people who do.

-Pŗåkĥăŕ Mĩŝĥŕă (ĐmåStîkhör)

YOUR FEEDBACK IS MY SALARY

Click Here For Real Madrid Theme

Click Here for Chelsea FC Theme