IOroot25 issue

OP BoostinBen

27th April 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NEOH
Thanks Meter: 24

126 posts
More
Hello, all! I've been out of the country since February, and just got back yesterday. Anyways, my G2 was obviously severely outdated, so I downloaded and flashed the debloated Verizon OTA as well as 24a firmware. With that, I lost my previous root (no biggie). Anyways, I downloaded IOroot25, and followed its instructions located here. I have everything set up properly, and I can see my phone in adb devices; however, once the script reboots the phone, the phone just stays off and I get like 10 popups on my screen that I must format drive U in order to use it. At one point, it also failed at installing a USB driver (no idea why when I installed the official Verizon LG drivers).

Does anyone have any advice they could throw my way so I can get back into business with this phone? Also, I re-downloaded the drivers for Verizon he has in that thread, but no .exe file actually starts an installation process - you just click on it and it goes nowhere.

Sorry, I'm not extremely computer savvy anymore, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone.
28th April 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

28 posts
25226583 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinBen

Hello, all! I've been out of the country since February, and just got back yesterday. Anyways, my G2 was obviously severely outdated, so I downloaded and flashed the debloated Verizon OTA as well as 24a firmware. With that, I lost my previous root (no biggie). Anyways, I downloaded IOroot25, and followed its instructions located here. I have everything set up properly, and I can see my phone in adb devices; however, once the script reboots the phone, the phone just stays off and I get like 10 popups on my screen that I must format drive U in order to use it. At one point, it also failed at installing a USB driver (no idea why when I installed the official Verizon LG drivers).

Does anyone have any advice they could throw my way so I can get back into business with this phone? Also, I re-downloaded the drivers for Verizon he has in that thread, but no .exe file actually starts an installation process - you just click on it and it goes nowhere.

Sorry, I'm not extremely computer savvy anymore, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone.

I used the guide here:

http://www.droidviews.com/root-and-i...e-bell-rogers/

Try the drivers indicated in step 2. If you do get the current loki drivers from Github the name has changed to loki_tool rather than loki_flash. The only difference is you need to type in "loki_tool flash recovery" rather than "loki_flash recovery".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread