Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to backup IMEI and MAC using Linux?

Tip us?

gentoolkit
Old
(Last edited by gentoolkit; 27th April 2014 at 04:53 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default How to backup IMEI and MAC using Linux?

I would like to backup my IMEI and MAC address. How do I do this without Windows? I tried to use Google but all guides assume that the user is using Windows and some MTK backup tool. I know that Samsung phones have a folder called efs which includes all relevant files. Is there a similar folder in Truesmart/MTK? protect_f or protect_s? I could easily backup these through adb.

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Yes, you can pull the information using adb.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
Click here to donate.

gentoolkit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yes, I know that I can pull the contents of the folders /protect_f and /protect_s. I already did that succesfully. However, my actual question is: Do these folders actually contain the relevant IMEI information? I have a hunch that they do but I am not sure. In addition, the bluetooth and wlan MAC addresses are probably located elsewhere. I could of course write the IMEI and MAC addresses down but in that case I would have no way to restore them without Windows. What I am looking for is a backup/restore process which needs only working adb connection and root access.

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentoolkit View Post
Yes, I know that I can pull the contents of the folders /protect_f and /protect_s. I already did that succesfully. However, my actual question is: Do these folders actually contain the relevant IMEI information? I have a hunch that they do but I am not sure. In addition, the bluetooth and wlan MAC addresses are probably located elsewhere. I could of course write the IMEI and MAC addresses down but in that case I would have no way to restore them without Windows. What I am looking for is a backup/restore process which needs only working adb connection and root access.
Your IMEI is stored in the NVRAM folder.

sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Click here to donate.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuronosan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]