Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TF300T Digitizer, not sure which I need (don't have old glass)

Tip us?

Spree8nyk8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default TF300T Digitizer, not sure which I need (don't have old glass)

I bought a broken TF300T so repair, but at the time when I ordered the glass for it I was unaware that there were multiple versions of the glass. When I was replacing the glass I managed to crack the new glass. When I found out that there were actually multiple versions of the glass I realized that I have discarded the old glass and have no way to check which version I need.

So is there a way for me to find out which glass I need?

Also I had read elsewhere that it maybe possible to flash the tablet in order to use whatever glass you had, but I have not been able to find that here to confirm it yet so I don't know if that is true or not.

Any answers are appreciated.

graphdarnell
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree8nyk8 View Post
I bought a broken TF300T so repair, but at the time when I ordered the glass for it I was unaware that there were multiple versions of the glass. When I was replacing the glass I managed to crack the new glass. When I found out that there were actually multiple versions of the glass I realized that I have discarded the old glass and have no way to check which version I need.

So is there a way for me to find out which glass I need?

Also I had read elsewhere that it maybe possible to flash the tablet in order to use whatever glass you had, but I have not been able to find that here to confirm it yet so I don't know if that is true or not.

Any answers are appreciated.
THIS is the thread that addresses your concern. In short, the TF300 would work with the G01 digitizer (cheapest and most readily available on Ebay) after you re-flash the touch firmware 4820 ekt. I'm speaking from results, not giving you a guarantee, though it doesn't look like you have much of a choice at this point. Good luck.

Spree8nyk8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphdarnell View Post
THIS is the thread that addresses your concern. In short, the TF300 would work with the G01 digitizer (cheapest and most readily available on Ebay) after you re-flash the touch firmware 4820 ekt. I'm speaking from results, not giving you a guarantee, though it doesn't look like you have much of a choice at this point. Good luck.
Thanks I'll bookmark that page for when the glass comes in, much appreciated.