Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gt-n7000 Please help unbrick with usb debugging unchecked. Help!!

Tip us?

Roshanjraju
Old
(Last edited by Roshanjraju; 28th April 2014 at 06:40 AM.) Reason: to a
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Gt-n7000 Please help unbrick with usb debugging unchecked. Help!!

Hi,

This is my first thread and i have gone through a lot of threads to find if there is a solution to my problem but couldn't find any.

I have a gt-n7000, it is not rooted, running stock os, 4.1.2 .

I put it on charge last night and when i woke up the screen was ON and was asking for a emergency recovery password. Since I didn't have the password and was a little confused as i had never seen that before i restarted it. Now it wont get passed the GT-N7000 logo.
I'm able to get to download screen but can't use odin as i hadn't checked USB Debugging before.
Odin version 3.07
I have windows 8 computer.

when I run ODIN it shows ID:COM but in blue not yellow.

Odin says No binary is selected.

I have no prior experience in rooting or flashing custom roms.

Please Help!!

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanjraju View Post
Hi,

This is my first thread and i have gone through a lot of threads to find if there is a solution to my problem but couldn't find any.

I have a gt-n7000, it is not rooted, running stock os, 4.1.2 .

I put it on charge last night and when i woke up the screen was ON and was asking for a emergency recovery password. Since I didn't have the password and was a little confused as i had never seen that before i restarted it. Now it wont get passed the GT-N7000 logo.
I'm able to get to download screen but can't use odin as i hadn't checked USB Debugging before.
Odin version 3.07
I have windows 8 computer.

when I run ODIN it shows ID:COM but in blue not yellow.

Odin says No binary is selected.

I have no prior experience in rooting or flashing custom roms.

Please Help!!
Odin doesn't need USB debugging on, as you can get to download mode you should be able to get to recovery, have you tried that? If you can get to recovery then wipe data/factory reset and then restart.

[Galaxy Note 3 - Dr.Ketan's K6 ROM]
[Galaxy Note 2 - DN3 v4 RC2]
[Xperia Neo L - Customized Stock ICS]
GALAXY NOTE 3 - DR.KETAN'S CCR K8.1
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+
SONY MT25 - ROOTED CUSTOM ICS

Roshanjraju
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufrad View Post
Odin doesn't need USB debugging on, as you can get to download mode you should be able to get to recovery, have you tried that? If you can get to recovery then wipe data/factory reset and then restart.

[Galaxy Note 3 - Dr.Ketan's K6 ROM]
[Galaxy Note 2 - DN3 v4 RC2]
[Xperia Neo L - Customized Stock ICS]

No. Not able to get to recovery.
Tried flashing official samsung rom which i downloaded from sam-updates. Loaded the pda in odin with md5 file and hit start but couldn't complete. It got to "Nand write start" but didn't complete. Odin says "Failed" ..

Now it doesn't even get to logo screen. It's totally dead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (198).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	2713891  

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2,676
Getting stuck at factoryfs could indicate an issue.... Try flashing "PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0.tar.md5" kernel using odin.. If it is still stuck at "NAND wite start" then there could be issue with the connection between the Odin and phone.. try with different cables, usb ports, and possible another PC.. If it writes successfully, then power off after the flash, try booting into recovery using the volup+home+power. Then you should be able to get into CWM.. format system, data, cache and try flashing a custom rom or flash again a rom using odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]