[Q] CM11 - 64GB SD card troubles (missing folders)

OP mvmacd

28th April 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 117

843 posts
More
I have a galaxy S4 Sprint, and I just bought a Sony 64GB class 10 card from Amazon. I formatted it with SD Formatter (exFAT) with the program from sdcard.org.

I copied all my files over, and I had about 3GB of photos in DCIM/Camera/. Then today I tried to view my gallery but the photos didn't show up. I checked in a file manager /storage/sdcard1/DCIM/Camera/ and it said 0 files. I thought "Great, it lost the whole folder, now I'll have to copy it from my old card"

So I put in my new card into my SD card reader [microSD to SD adapter, into laptop SD slot], and I navigate to DCIM/Camera/, and on my computer, it shows 3GB worth of files in there! So I move it back to my phone, and it shows 0 files. I am 100% sure I'm in the right directory since I made a blank file in DCIM/ and it shows up on both laptop and phone.

another thing, when I try to put anything in DCIM/Camera/ it fails (file manager gives error, but terminal command "touch test-file.txt" doesn't give error, but "ls" shows no files there)

I am running the latest CM11 snapshot M3 for jfltespr [Sprint GS4]. I'm quite baffled by this. Can anybody suggest something to fix this issue? I was thinking of formatting my card to ext4, but windows doesn't support it natively [I have Linux dual boot though].

Update: since nobody suggested anything, I renamed Camera to Camera2, then created a new directory, Camera, then cut/paste all pics in Camera2 into Camera, and now I have everything back in my gallery..
Also I tried running chkdsk on the sd card, but it found no errors. I ran it twice. Anyway, not sure what happened, but hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Last edited by mvmacd; 29th April 2014 at 03:38 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
exfat, sdcard
Previous Thread Next Thread