Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android system eating battery

Tip us?

ireknole
Old
(Last edited by ireknole; 28th April 2014 at 05:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Generally though if Android OS is higher than your screen on time then you have a wakelock issue. I know without root it'll be a little harder to fix the issue at hand though.

I'd at least look into WiFi settings and turn Always Allow Scanning to Off. Then maybe look at your GPS settings and try the battery friendly mode or GPS only mode. I also don't allow Google to use your WiFi for better location results. There have been similar bugs reported with 4.4 here is some info and afew people trying to squash the issue on a Nexus http://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus5/comme...d_os_possible/
You boys need root!
I'm not sure if any of the wake lock apps out can show you what's causing this without root but maybe look into it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Also you can try changing the "keep WiFi on during sleep" to either off or only when plugged in. That may help. Just suggestions that's all. Maybe something here will help somebody.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thank you for those tips! I didn't know about that wifi one. I immediately unchecked always scanning. I keep my wifi on to make sure I use wifi, if available, but I don't need it always scanning. I hesitated on the gps switch, but I figured I'll try it on power saver and see what happens.

Edit:

After turning off wifi scanning, that's what I got. That looks better to me. Although my usage time is lower than my previous screenshot, I started my day at 90% (forgot to charge last night, and that's as high as I could get it before leaving for work), and I'm using my phone more today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

EVOme
Old
Thanks Meter 149
There's another thread on this. It's happening to a lot of people, including me.
-----------
Device: Galaxy S5