Originally Posted by Lepole
this morning i try with the zip from jmcclue link there:
And it work i got a brand new recovery...
Now is there a way to get back the contacts from the backup i made....
With sdk ?
I find a data.img but i can open it.
So if you know some tuto
Now i need some advice to maybe custom as better as possible this device.
So can i rooted the "desire" ?
and which ROM can you advice me...
I don't know how to extract or read the data.img, only the method I mentioned before may work.
Because your situation is more difficult and you want to get your contacts back, I first recommend trying a stock rooted sense ROM which is most similar to your original France telecom ROM.
Therefore find the stock rooted 2.2 or 2.3 ROM to match
Originally Posted by eddiehk6
- Backup your sd card to PC
- Use 4EXT to partition your sd card (max 2GB ext4 partition, no swap) <- this is for future use if you want to install more apps
- Copy the backup back to the sdcard
- Copy a custom ROM.zip to the sdcard as well
- In recovery, full wipe (wipe all partitions except sd card)
- Flash the ROM
- Install something like Titanium Backup or Nandroid Manager, there should be an option to extract data from the nandroid backup. Hopefully you can extract 'Contacts' or 'Contacts Storage' restore your contacts.
I can't guarantee this will work, as have never tried it myself.
Get your contacts back first, then think about another custom ROM. You have to think about what you want, try a few before deciding.
Device: Nexus 5
| ROM: SlimKat
| Recovery: PhilZ Touch
Retired: HTC Desire
let's all try to get along ...but remember to search first...