Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 50,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My ace plus won't boot after flashing Kitkat roms and even cwm v6

Tip us?

thyau
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] My ace plus won't boot after flashing Kitkat roms and even cwm v6

I have 3 android phones, and the oldest one is getting me crazy..

First flashed a JB rom, after a bunch of troubles, finally got it done.
But then this phone had a little problem, i flashed back to stock and send it for repair.

The phone now is returned and reset to GB. And found that there are many Kitkat roms to flash which is really tempting me to do it.

First, i tried to flash Speed rom, with cwm 6.0.3.5. I got Status 7. Flashed back cwm 5.5 and successful in flashing the rom, but it won't boot and stuck in a white screen.
I googled a lot, searched in XDA, found that someone suggested flashed Kitkat with the latest CWM version or TWRP.
But, none of these works on my phone. This is the first time I got stuck in flashing recovery. Both give me a white screen.

Does the CWM version really matter? or it's just my phone's problem which could not work with android 4.4?

Any help would be appreciated..
Current Device:
HTC Butterfly S
Rom: MaximuHD 12.0.1

Galaxy Nexus GSM
Rom: Paranoid SaberDroid + REMIX V3
Kernel: franco nightly #395

Galaxy Ace Plus

Android History:
Galaxy SL i9003
Acer Liquid Metal
Acer Liquid E

ShadowsDie
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyau View Post
I have 3 android phones, and the oldest one is getting me crazy..

First flashed a JB rom, after a bunch of troubles, finally got it done.
But then this phone had a little problem, i flashed back to stock and send it for repair.

The phone now is returned and reset to GB. And found that there are many Kitkat roms to flash which is really tempting me to do it.

First, i tried to flash Speed rom, with cwm 6.0.3.5. I got Status 7. Flashed back cwm 5.5 and successful in flashing the rom, but it won't boot and stuck in a white screen.
I googled a lot, searched in XDA, found that someone suggested flashed Kitkat with the latest CWM version or TWRP.
But, none of these works on my phone. This is the first time I got stuck in flashing recovery. Both give me a white screen.

Does the CWM version really matter? or it's just my phone's problem which could not work with android 4.4?

Any help would be appreciated..
if your stock rom is indian or chinese flash stock english rom through odin, then you are good to go
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowsDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thyau
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsDie View Post
if your stock rom is indian or chinese flash stock english rom through odin, then you are good to go
any english rom would be good?
Current Device:
HTC Butterfly S
Rom: MaximuHD 12.0.1

Galaxy Nexus GSM
Rom: Paranoid SaberDroid + REMIX V3
Kernel: franco nightly #395

Galaxy Ace Plus

Android History:
Galaxy SL i9003
Acer Liquid Metal
Acer Liquid E

ShadowsDie
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyau View Post
any english rom would be good?
any EUROPEAN rom is good, doesnt matter if it is german or irish, must be european
but i recommend any rom from england, as they usually support most of the languages