Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot connect to PC - Cyanogenmod 11

Tip us?
 
guyrelax
Old
(Last edited by guyrelax; 23rd April 2014 at 05:15 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default [Q] Cannot connect to PC - Cyanogenmod 11

Trying to use odin to flash the stock rom but I cannot connect to pc. I have the correct drivers and usb cable and have tried 2 different pc's that have worked in the past. Running cyanogenmod 11. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
 
matraca
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 195
Join Date: Oct 2013
Perhaps bad cable, or try different usb port.
 
TheZander
Old
#3  
TheZander's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 88
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyrelax View Post
Trying to use odin to flash the stock rom but I cannot connect to pc. I have the correct drivers and usb cable and have tried 2 different pc's that have worked in the past. Running cyanogenmod 11. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Does it recognize the phone at all when it's connected? Does the phone recognize it's being charged? Are you on Windows 7?
 
SamsungGalaxyS....
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Apr 2014
ran into the same problem. any thoughts?
 
guyrelax
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by matraca View Post
Perhaps bad cable, or try different usb port.
as i mentioned i have tried different cables and pc's. I'm running windows 7 and drivers are installed.
 
guyrelax
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZander View Post
Does it recognize the phone at all when it's connected? Does the phone recognize it's being charged? Are you on Windows 7?
yes it charges. doesn't recognize the phone
 
TheZander
Old
#7  
TheZander's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 88
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyrelax View Post
yes it charges. doesn't recognize the phone
Do the ##3284# Menu an see if MTP and ADB is checked.

If that doesn't work find a USB Storage app from the play store and that forces it in that mode. If that still doesn't work then you need to gather up all your Micro USB cords and try every one. Or use the one that came in the box
 
matraca
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 195
Join Date: Oct 2013
I had that same problem before, I fixed it by uninstalling drivers and installing again. Maybe flash another rom and see if that works. I know if you have usb fast charging enabled enabled on ktkernel that will prevent your computer from recognizing phone. Good luck
 
guyrelax
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by matraca View Post
I had that same problem before, I fixed it by uninstalling drivers and installing again. Maybe flash another rom and see if that works. I know if you have usb fast charging enabled enabled on ktkernel that will prevent your computer from recognizing phone. Good luck
Not sure why but I hooked it up last night and it magically worked using the same pc, port, and cord I was trying before. Finally got rid of cyanogenmod. Thanks for the help

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Make a Pre-Rooted Stock Sony ROMs in Just Few Clicks

Many usersdon’t see any particular reason to change out the stock firmware … more

Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more