Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

[Q] No calling, no texting, everything else works

OP samcool55

14th April 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
I just tried to check the binary counter, but as far as i can see it didn't move during the flashes and looks original
When i go in download mode i get this:

Odin mode
Product name: GT-I9070
Custom binary download: no
current binary: samsung official

I think this means it got still warranty?
If it is, i'm going to put back jelly bean on it and try to send it back to samsung, is there a chance they will fix it and won't find out i messed with it?
14th April 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #12  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,430

7,557 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcool55

I just tried to check the binary counter, but as far as i can see it didn't move during the flashes and looks original
When i go in download mode i get this:

Odin mode
Product name: GT-I9070
Custom binary download: no
current binary: samsung official

I think this means it got still warranty?
If it is, i'm going to put back jelly bean on it and try to send it back to samsung, is there a chance they will fix it and won't find out i messed with it?

Yes, just go back to JB and you are good to go. And you can uninstall app that need root if you have any.
14th April 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

Yes, just go back to JB and you are good to go. And you can uninstall app that need root if you have any.

Thanks for the help, just switched back to JB (stock version of course) checked the download screen again and it's still good,
No root stuff on the phone anymore, eveything looks how it's suppose to i think
requested to rma the phone and it will be sent tomorrow.
i hope they fix it! Again thanks for the help!
27th April 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Sad news, the phone is back from RMA and there is a simlock on it, but the problem is i can't find a method to remove it 4 free (don't want to pay even more for the damn thing). I am going to a shop from the original carrier over a couple of days(i know which carrier simlocked the crap out of it and they have shops not really far from here) but i am not sure they unlock it for free, and tbh the people that work there probably have no clue how to do it, so i don't have a lot of hope for that so i want to try it first myself if that's possible, but i tried already a couple of things and none of them works. Anyone an idea how i can remove it?
Last edited by samcool55; 27th April 2014 at 09:16 PM.
27th April 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #15  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,430

7,557 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcool55

Sad news, the phone is back from RMA and there is a simlock on it, but the problem is i can't find a method to remove it 4 free (don't want to pay even more for the damn thing). I am going to a shop from the original carrier over a couple of days(i know which carrier simlocked the crap out of it and they have shops not really far from here) but i am not sure they unlock it for free, and tbh the people that work there probably have no clue how to do it, so i don't have a lot of hope for that so i want to try it first myself if that's possible, but i tried already a couple of things and none of them works. Anyone an idea how i can remove it?

I did not see anyone that unlocked sgsa here on the forumů And I did not see any guide about it for our device.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

I did not see anyone that unlocked sgsa here on the forumů And I did not see any guide about it for our device.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

I was afraid of that, thanks to confirm. Went to the carrier which locked the phone and they said it is illegal to unlock it, which isn't true of course (checked it everywhere and it is legal) I will find a way to fix it with the carrier, thanks for the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread