APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] carbon rom ray (urushi), few questions/problems

OP HybrisZero

27th April 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #1  
HybrisZero's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
yesterday i installed the 2014-04-23 nightly of carbon for urushi, i am using the provided kernel
a pretty neat rom indeed

some questions:
  1. boot time seems to spend a lot of time on the legacyxperia logo.... more time than stock GB for sure
  2. once booted i randomly get a message abou a new sim being detected/onstalled and asked to reboot.... rebooting may or may not remove the message. It's possible to avoid rebooting hitting back tough...
  3. calendar widget (google or cclock) take plenty of time to initialize, i have not tried other widgwts
  4. is there away to have support for ext2? i have link2sd plus and i wish to try out the new move private data feature but it requires an extN filesystem
  5. hitting menu opens up the window to add widgets etc.... in that window the settings button does nothing.
  6. the google now widget cannot be removed/moved from the main screen and i also suspect it is not notifying me incoming events i have in calendar.... but google now is something new for me
27th April 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #2  
HybrisZero's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
ah yeah... another thing

the aosp keyboard crashes if i try to swipe/slide
28th April 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #3  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,436
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybrisZero

yesterday i installed the 2014-04-23 nightly of carbon for urushi, i am using the provided kernel
a pretty neat rom indeed

some questions:

  1. boot time seems to spend a lot of time on the legacyxperia logo.... more time than stock GB for sure
  2. once booted i randomly get a message abou a new sim being detected/onstalled and asked to reboot.... rebooting may or may not remove the message. It's possible to avoid rebooting hitting back tough...
  3. calendar widget (google or cclock) take plenty of time to initialize, i have not tried other widgwts
  4. is there away to have support for ext2? i have link2sd plus and i wish to try out the new move private data feature but it requires an extN filesystem
  5. hitting menu opens up the window to add widgets etc.... in that window the settings button does nothing.
  6. the google now widget cannot be removed/moved from the main screen and i also suspect it is not notifying me incoming events i have in calendar.... but google now is something new for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybrisZero

ah yeah... another thing

the aosp keyboard crashes if i try to swipe/slide

i think you use a ION TEST BUILD.

they are in DEVELOPMENT. better stay away from then for now

thery meant for more advanced user (provide logs & maybe fix)
28th April 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #4  
HybrisZero's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Yes it's a nightly. Only those are available forma urushi.
I would happily write in the devel forum and provvide logs bu i stilo do noto have the number of post required

Or i can try legacy xperia but the few bits in the not working list stopped me

Thanks
28th April 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #5  
HybrisZero's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
in the end i removed the carbon rom, i was also experiencing battery drain

i put in a pacman that seems to solve most of the issues (don't know about battery tough yet....)
28th April 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #6  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,436
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybrisZero

Yes it's a nightly. Only those are available forma urushi.
I would happily write in the devel forum and provvide logs bu i stilo do noto have the number of post required
Or i can try legacy xperia but the few bits in the not working list stopped m
Thanks

LX is the stablest. all the other 4.4 KK builds for our phone (carbon, pac, etc) are build on top of it

just make sure that you know that ION is a thing in development, so if you try a ROM which has enabled ION, prepare for more buggy xperience
The Following User Says Thank You to bejunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #7  
HybrisZero's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk

LX is the stablest. all the other 4.4 KK builds for our phone (carbon, pac, etc) are build on top of it

just make sure that you know that ION is a thing in development, so if you try a ROM which has enabled ION, prepare for more buggy xperience


really? looking at release dates i tough it was lagging behind

then i was freaked out by "wifi buggy" and "heavy battery drain when using bluetooth headset"...

in that case i am just gonna try it as it was my primary choice when i started this little jump from a stock GB to KK ...lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes