Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 48,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] carbon rom ray (urushi), few questions/problems

Tip us?

HybrisZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Question [Q] carbon rom ray (urushi), few questions/problems

yesterday i installed the 2014-04-23 nightly of carbon for urushi, i am using the provided kernel
a pretty neat rom indeed

some questions:
  1. boot time seems to spend a lot of time on the legacyxperia logo.... more time than stock GB for sure
  2. once booted i randomly get a message abou a new sim being detected/onstalled and asked to reboot.... rebooting may or may not remove the message. It's possible to avoid rebooting hitting back tough...
  3. calendar widget (google or cclock) take plenty of time to initialize, i have not tried other widgwts
  4. is there away to have support for ext2? i have link2sd plus and i wish to try out the new move private data feature but it requires an extN filesystem
  5. hitting menu opens up the window to add widgets etc.... in that window the settings button does nothing.
  6. the google now widget cannot be removed/moved from the main screen and i also suspect it is not notifying me incoming events i have in calendar.... but google now is something new for me

HybrisZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
ah yeah... another thing

the aosp keyboard crashes if i try to swipe/slide

bejunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybrisZero View Post
yesterday i installed the 2014-04-23 nightly of carbon for urushi, i am using the provided kernel
a pretty neat rom indeed

some questions:
  1. boot time seems to spend a lot of time on the legacyxperia logo.... more time than stock GB for sure
  2. once booted i randomly get a message abou a new sim being detected/onstalled and asked to reboot.... rebooting may or may not remove the message. It's possible to avoid rebooting hitting back tough...
  3. calendar widget (google or cclock) take plenty of time to initialize, i have not tried other widgwts
  4. is there away to have support for ext2? i have link2sd plus and i wish to try out the new move private data feature but it requires an extN filesystem
  5. hitting menu opens up the window to add widgets etc.... in that window the settings button does nothing.
  6. the google now widget cannot be removed/moved from the main screen and i also suspect it is not notifying me incoming events i have in calendar.... but google now is something new for me
Quote:
ah yeah... another thing

the aosp keyboard crashes if i try to swipe/slide
i think you use a ION TEST BUILD.

they are in DEVELOPMENT. better stay away from then for now

thery meant for more advanced user (provide logs & maybe fix)
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...

HybrisZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Yes it's a nightly. Only those are available forma urushi.
I would happily write in the devel forum and provvide logs bu i stilo do noto have the number of post required

Or i can try legacy xperia but the few bits in the not working list stopped me

Thanks
Xperia Ray (urushi) - LegacyXperia CM11

HybrisZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
in the end i removed the carbon rom, i was also experiencing battery drain

i put in a pacman that seems to solve most of the issues (don't know about battery tough yet....)

bejunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,264
Quote:
Yes it's a nightly. Only those are available forma urushi.
I would happily write in the devel forum and provvide logs bu i stilo do noto have the number of post required
Or i can try legacy xperia but the few bits in the not working list stopped m
Thanks
LX is the stablest. all the other 4.4 KK builds for our phone (carbon, pac, etc) are build on top of it

just make sure that you know that ION is a thing in development, so if you try a ROM which has enabled ION, prepare for more buggy xperience
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...

The Following User Says Thank You to bejunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HybrisZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk View Post
LX is the stablest. all the other 4.4 KK builds for our phone (carbon, pac, etc) are build on top of it

just make sure that you know that ION is a thing in development, so if you try a ROM which has enabled ION, prepare for more buggy xperience

really? looking at release dates i tough it was lagging behind

then i was freaked out by "wifi buggy" and "heavy battery drain when using bluetooth headset"...

in that case i am just gonna try it as it was my primary choice when i started this little jump from a stock GB to KK ...lol