Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't flash new ROM, stucks on Writing Data & System

Tip us?

whoisrikk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Default Can't flash new ROM, stucks on Writing Data & System

Hey guys,

I'm desperately trying to flash a ROM on my HTC One, after it began boot looping. I've tried sideloading several ROMs but everyone stucks on Writing Data & System. I really don't know what to do next. This comes after almost a sleepless night trying to make it work. Glad that now it enters Recovery. Can you please help me? I'd kindly appreciate..

whoisrikk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Even when I try to restore a backup it stucks and reboots, returning an error something like (error /tmp/... status 1). If anyone knows how to fix it..

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisrikk View Post
Even when I try to restore a backup it stucks and reboots, returning an error something like (error /tmp/... status 1). If anyone knows how to fix it..
You'll have to post much more info about your handset if you want help. What rom/version number are you trying to flash? What is your recovery/version number? Did you MD5 check sum your rom and recovery before flashing? What is the output of fastboot getvar all (except imei/sn)
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whoisrikk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
You'll have to post much more info about your handset if you want help. What rom/version number are you trying to flash? What is your recovery/version number? Did you MD5 check sum your rom and recovery before flashing? What is the output of fastboot getvar all (except imei/sn)
Thank you for your help. I was running the Insertcoin M8 Port and the latest TWRP recovery. The problem seems to be bigger. I took the phone to a local GSM service and the guy there (the only one repairing HTCs in the whole city) said that there was a big mismatch between the hboot and baseband (not sure if these two) and also the ROM I was using started altering the system and the internal storage (he mentioned something about clusters and how the ROM degraded the system).

There were also some artifacts on the boot screen, he assumed that there are problems from the video card. I previously owned a Nexus 4 and had no problems rooting/flashing/using any ROM. He also pointed that the ultimate solution would be to disassemble the phone and repair the memory chip but with 50/50 chances of working..

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisrikk View Post
Thank you for your help. I was running the Insertcoin M8 Port and the latest TWRP recovery. The problem seems to be bigger. I took the phone to a local GSM service and the guy there (the only one repairing HTCs in the whole city) said that there was a big mismatch between the hboot and baseband (not sure if these two) and also the ROM I was using started altering the system and the internal storage (he mentioned something about clusters and how the ROM degraded the system).

There were also some artifacts on the boot screen, he assumed that there are problems from the video card. I previously owned a Nexus 4 and had no problems rooting/flashing/using any ROM. He also pointed that the ultimate solution would be to disassemble the phone and repair the memory chip but with 50/50 chances of working..
post your fastboot getvar all
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot