28th April 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 19

74 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys,

I'm desperately trying to flash a ROM on my HTC One, after it began boot looping. I've tried sideloading several ROMs but everyone stucks on Writing Data & System. I really don't know what to do next. This comes after almost a sleepless night trying to make it work. Glad that now it enters Recovery. Can you please help me? I'd kindly appreciate..
28th April 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Craiova

74 posts
Donate to Me
More
Even when I try to restore a backup it stucks and reboots, returning an error something like (error /tmp/... status 1). If anyone knows how to fix it..
28th April 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,169

3,036 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisrikk

Even when I try to restore a backup it stucks and reboots, returning an error something like (error /tmp/... status 1). If anyone knows how to fix it..

You'll have to post much more info about your handset if you want help. What rom/version number are you trying to flash? What is your recovery/version number? Did you MD5 check sum your rom and recovery before flashing? What is the output of fastboot getvar all (except imei/sn)
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Craiova

74 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

You'll have to post much more info about your handset if you want help. What rom/version number are you trying to flash? What is your recovery/version number? Did you MD5 check sum your rom and recovery before flashing? What is the output of fastboot getvar all (except imei/sn)

Thank you for your help. I was running the Insertcoin M8 Port and the latest TWRP recovery. The problem seems to be bigger. I took the phone to a local GSM service and the guy there (the only one repairing HTCs in the whole city) said that there was a big mismatch between the hboot and baseband (not sure if these two) and also the ROM I was using started altering the system and the internal storage (he mentioned something about clusters and how the ROM degraded the system).

There were also some artifacts on the boot screen, he assumed that there are problems from the video card. I previously owned a Nexus 4 and had no problems rooting/flashing/using any ROM. He also pointed that the ultimate solution would be to disassemble the phone and repair the memory chip but with 50/50 chances of working..
28th April 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,169

3,036 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisrikk

Thank you for your help. I was running the Insertcoin M8 Port and the latest TWRP recovery. The problem seems to be bigger. I took the phone to a local GSM service and the guy there (the only one repairing HTCs in the whole city) said that there was a big mismatch between the hboot and baseband (not sure if these two) and also the ROM I was using started altering the system and the internal storage (he mentioned something about clusters and how the ROM degraded the system).

There were also some artifacts on the boot screen, he assumed that there are problems from the video card. I previously owned a Nexus 4 and had no problems rooting/flashing/using any ROM. He also pointed that the ultimate solution would be to disassemble the phone and repair the memory chip but with 50/50 chances of working..

post your fastboot getvar all
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread