Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more
Post Reply

[Q] SD icon (Top right ) keeps showing red x

OP hakam3akasheh

28th April 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Hi
My SD icon keeps showing a red x as if no SD is inserted. The SD I use is Samsung 64 GB Class 10.
It is recognized whenever "storage" is pressed under settings, I'm just wondering why and whether anyone else had this problem.

Thanks
28th April 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakam3akasheh

Hi
My SD icon keeps showing a red x as if no SD is inserted. The SD I use is Samsung 64 GB Class 10.
It is recognized whenever "storage" is pressed under settings, I'm just wondering why and whether anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

Hmm are you sure that the icon you think is the sd-card might actually be the icon for a sim-card? If you have the LTE version but no sim-card there I think you will get an icon with a red x over it!
28th April 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogstoken

Hmm are you sure that the icon you think is the sd-card might actually be the icon for a sim-card? If you have the LTE version but no sim-card there I think you will get an icon with a red x over it!

I have the LTE version and that too shows a red cross but I do not have a sim card, so that's expected. I tried another SD card, a 5 GB and this was also recognized but the red x remained. I can upload a picture (screenshot) if possible and if needed. Thx again
28th April 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakam3akasheh

I have the LTE version and that too shows a red cross but I do not have a sim card, so that's expected. I tried another SD card, a 5 GB and this was also recognized but the red x remained. I can upload a picture (screenshot) if possible and if needed. Thx again

Hmm I was almost certain that it was the sim card. Sure, upload a picture if you want but I'm out of ideas hehe.
28th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Rocklin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
Just throwing out some ideas... Have you rebooted with the device with the card in / was it powered on when you inserted the sd card? If it's empty, and you format it in the device, would it go away?
28th April 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlariviere

Just throwing out some ideas... Have you rebooted with the device with the card in / was it powered on when you inserted the sd card? If it's empty, and you format it in the device, would it go away?

There is no format option, only an erase option and I did that and rebooted.
28th April 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogstoken

Hmm I was almost certain that it was the sim card. Sure, upload a picture if you want but I'm out of ideas hehe.

Please check the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-28-21-17-41.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	2714191  
28th April 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Rocklin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
That looks like a sim card icon to me....
28th April 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlariviere

That looks like a sim card icon to me....

Yeah thats the sim-card, cause one of the corner on the icon is "clipped". Are you sure its mounted/configged properly?
28th April 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogstoken

Yeah thats the sim-card, cause one of the corner on the icon is "clipped". Are you sure its mounted/configged properly?

I feel stupid. I thought it was an SD card notification icon, but now you mention it, it is a SIM card icon, and I don't have a SIM card inserted.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes