Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LwW stuck after update

OP Avantu

27th April 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
Hello! I just wanted to do typical update to newest pacman rom for coconut and after flashing the phone with newest rom and cleaning cache/dalvik cache phone is stuck on pacman roms logo and i can't get into recovery mode :/ Any ideas? I had format on PC so i don't have any flashtool, if anyone could tell in detail how to bring phone back to life i would be happy
27th April 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #2  
Hmmm....i think you forget to flash the latest kernel inside the roms....latest nightly build won't boot if you still using the old kernel build 20140405...after the build PAC use different kernel...that is why your phone stuck on PAC logo....latest kernel has LX logo...
27th April 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

48 posts
Didn't know :/ Any advices how to get my phone back to life?
28th April 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,434

1,282 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantu

Didn't know :/ Any advices how to get my phone back to life?

only way: flasching a new kernel. (or flasht your old rom (must be exactly bcuz of kernel))

-download android sdk (just leave all like is & press instal ackages, google usb driver are most important )
-download flashtool & install it & install driver for phone from drivers folder of flashtool install
- flash new kernel ^^
28th April 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

48 posts
Ok, gonna try, but when flashing i should simply turn the phone on or get it to the download mode(how?).
28th April 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

48 posts
Ok, flashed kernel without any problems, phone is working now, thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Avantu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,198

3,242 posts
More
It's great that it's working again, but you are lucky that it was a kernel and not a rom problem. Be sure to always take a cwm (nandroid) backup in cwm to be able to restore it if something goes wrong while/after flashing the new rom

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread