Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 49,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LwW stuck after update

Tip us?

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] LwW stuck after update

Hello! I just wanted to do typical update to newest pacman rom for coconut and after flashing the phone with newest rom and cleaning cache/dalvik cache phone is stuck on pacman roms logo and i can't get into recovery mode :/ Any ideas? I had format on PC so i don't have any flashtool, if anyone could tell in detail how to bring phone back to life i would be happy

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 778
Hmmm....i think you forget to flash the latest kernel inside the roms....latest nightly build won't boot if you still using the old kernel build 20140405...after the build PAC use different kernel...that is why your phone stuck on PAC logo....latest kernel has LX logo...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Didn't know :/ Any advices how to get my phone back to life?

bejunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantu View Post
Didn't know :/ Any advices how to get my phone back to life?
only way: flasching a new kernel. (or flasht your old rom (must be exactly bcuz of kernel))

-download android sdk (just leave all like is & press instal ackages, google usb driver are most important )
-download flashtool & install it & install driver for phone from drivers folder of flashtool install
- flash new kernel ^^
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ok, gonna try, but when flashing i should simply turn the phone on or get it to the download mode(how?).

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ok, flashed kernel without any problems, phone is working now, thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Avantu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mihahn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,170
It's great that it's working again, but you are lucky that it was a kernel and not a rom problem. Be sure to always take a cwm (nandroid) backup in cwm to be able to restore it if something goes wrong while/after flashing the new rom

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

Devices/Links/Information:

Device:Google Nexus 4 8gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KOT49H]

Device:Google Nexus 7 32gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KRT16O]

Device:Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
ROM: Super Jelly Bean 8.0
Kernel:nAa 2.6 [CWM]

Device:Raspberry Pi Model B

For a Rooting Guide for xperia 2011 devices, click me! | To unlock the Bootloader, click me! | How to install a custom kernel/rom? Click me | Super Jelly Bean 8.0 for xperia mdpi