FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

[Q] Latest software update keeps failing. Help!

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By kcfried, Member on 28th April 2014, 03:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all. I've got two VZW LG G2s that are rooted, and the current KitKat update continues to download and fail. Is there any way to force the update?

VZW support suggests a factory reset and I dont' want to do that for sure.
 
 
28th April 2014, 03:47 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 831
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfried

Hi all. I've got two VZW LG G2s that are rooted, and the current KitKat update continues to download and fail. Is there any way to force the update?

VZW support suggests a factory reset and I dont' want to do that for sure.

Do you still have the stock recovery? You need it for this update to take.
28th April 2014, 04:16 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

Do you still have the stock recovery? You need it for this update to take.

Thanks for the reply. So I guess I'd have to do a factory reset, or is there a way to unroot?
28th April 2014, 06:18 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 831
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfried

Thanks for the reply. So I guess I'd have to do a factory reset, or is there a way to unroot?

If you need the stock recovery back, easiest thing to do is wipe the phone back to stock using the flashtool then let it take the OTA, you can re-root with ioroot25 afterwards and if you need TWRP, re-install it with AutoRec.
28th April 2014, 06:23 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

If you need the stock recovery back, easiest thing to do is wipe the phone back to stock using the flashtool then let it take the OTA, you can re-root with ioroot25 afterwards and if you need TWRP, re-install it with AutoRec.

Ok, thanks. Any link for the flash tool and ioroot25? Can't remember what I used to root the first time. and TWRP??
28th April 2014, 09:20 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 831
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfried

Ok, thanks. Any link for the flash tool and ioroot25? Can't remember what I used to root the first time. and TWRP??

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2706389

Most of it's listed in there. Use AutoRec to install TWRP, you can find it in the regular G2 Dev section.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes