Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Some issues after upgrade to kit kat

11th April 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I'm having the same problem with my SD card. Been working perfectly for a couple of months, and then as soon the update to Kitkat had completed, I had a message box warning me that the SD card was removed without unmounting. rebooting or removing and reinserting the card fixes it for a while, but it always disconnects again within a few hours.

I'm running stock, not rooted, and the SD card is a "Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 48MB/s MicroSDHC Plus Memory Card"

I have tried, erasing the SD card using the option in settings, resetting and erasing the device using the option in settings (am I right in thinking that is a factory reset), and then erasing the card again.

I'll try a different card over the weekend, and consider rooting...
11th April 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
I use the same card.

Transferring files through USB is pain in the ass! It unmounted... don't have access to write .... ....

Anyone knows how to report this to LG ?
11th April 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fido87456

I'm having the same problem with my SD card. Been working perfectly for a couple of months, and then as soon the update to Kitkat had completed, I had a message box warning me that the SD card was removed without unmounting. rebooting or removing and reinserting the card fixes it for a while, but it always disconnects again within a few hours.

I'm running stock, not rooted, and the SD card is a "Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 48MB/s MicroSDHC Plus Memory Card"

I have tried, erasing the SD card using the option in settings, resetting and erasing the device using the option in settings (am I right in thinking that is a factory reset), and then erasing the card again.

I'll try a different card over the weekend, and consider rooting...

I also had SanDisk SD card issue where it Unmounted itself automatically sometimes. This problem accrued when I did update my g pad to kit Kat through LG Support Tools. But it is fixed after I do restore upgrade errors through LG PC Suite without SD card inserted in the G Pad.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to getmealive For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmealive

I also had SanDisk SD card issue where it Unmounted itself automatically sometimes. This problem accrued when I did update my g pad to kit Kat through LG Support Tools. But it is fixed after I do restore upgrade errors through LG PC Suite without SD card inserted in the G Pad.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip!

I ran the restore upgrade errors through LG PC suite on Saturday, and it has almost completely fixed it.

I still saw the SD card removed message box flash up for a split second when waking from standby occasionally (maybe 3 times over a full weekend of use), but it immediately vanished and then 'SD card inserted' appeared in the notification bar, and the SD card was fully useable. I transferred several GB of data over to it a few times as a test, and it transferred without interruption every time..
28th April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

100 posts
I just did a "restore upgrade errors", but it did not fix the "0 bytes" SD card issue for me.

Tried with a SanDisk 64 GB Ultra SDXC and a SanDisk 32 GB Ultra SDHC.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread