Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some issues after upgrade to kit kat

Tip us?

fido87456
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same problem with my SD card. Been working perfectly for a couple of months, and then as soon the update to Kitkat had completed, I had a message box warning me that the SD card was removed without unmounting. rebooting or removing and reinserting the card fixes it for a while, but it always disconnects again within a few hours.

I'm running stock, not rooted, and the SD card is a "Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 48MB/s MicroSDHC Plus Memory Card"

I have tried, erasing the SD card using the option in settings, resetting and erasing the device using the option in settings (am I right in thinking that is a factory reset), and then erasing the card again.

I'll try a different card over the weekend, and consider rooting...

JnManso
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I use the same card.

Transferring files through USB is pain in the ass! It unmounted... don't have access to write .... ....

Anyone knows how to report this to LG ?

getmealive
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fido87456 View Post
I'm having the same problem with my SD card. Been working perfectly for a couple of months, and then as soon the update to Kitkat had completed, I had a message box warning me that the SD card was removed without unmounting. rebooting or removing and reinserting the card fixes it for a while, but it always disconnects again within a few hours.

I'm running stock, not rooted, and the SD card is a "Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 48MB/s MicroSDHC Plus Memory Card"

I have tried, erasing the SD card using the option in settings, resetting and erasing the device using the option in settings (am I right in thinking that is a factory reset), and then erasing the card again.

I'll try a different card over the weekend, and consider rooting...
I also had SanDisk SD card issue where it Unmounted itself automatically sometimes. This problem accrued when I did update my g pad to kit Kat through LG Support Tools. But it is fixed after I do restore upgrade errors through LG PC Suite without SD card inserted in the G Pad.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to getmealive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fido87456
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmealive View Post
I also had SanDisk SD card issue where it Unmounted itself automatically sometimes. This problem accrued when I did update my g pad to kit Kat through LG Support Tools. But it is fixed after I do restore upgrade errors through LG PC Suite without SD card inserted in the G Pad.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip!

I ran the restore upgrade errors through LG PC suite on Saturday, and it has almost completely fixed it.

I still saw the SD card removed message box flash up for a split second when waking from standby occasionally (maybe 3 times over a full weekend of use), but it immediately vanished and then 'SD card inserted' appeared in the notification bar, and the SD card was fully useable. I transferred several GB of data over to it a few times as a test, and it transferred without interruption every time..

sidamos77
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I just did a "restore upgrade errors", but it did not fix the "0 bytes" SD card issue for me.

Tried with a SanDisk 64 GB Ultra SDXC and a SanDisk 32 GB Ultra SDHC.