[Q] SimUnlock without other carrier sim?

OP Tachi91

27th April 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 430

1,423 posts
More
Sim unlock prompts only show up when another carriers simcard is inserted, is there another way or terminal command?

I have the unlock code, but only have my AT&T sim. I was wondering if there was another way to simunlock the phone besides the tradtional method.
28th April 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
More
What is exactly your problem? What did you try to solve this problem? What changed since the problem arised and before that? If you provided any of this information that is neccesary, I could try to help out
28th April 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 430

1,423 posts
More
Not a problem, just mostly a question.

Is the only way to SIM unlock a phone the traditional way of "I must insert another carriers SIM"?

Is there a particular app that I can manually run or a terminal command I can enter that would ask for the code?

I don't have another simcard so that's why I'm curious

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th April 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hereford
Thanks Meter: 184

668 posts
More
If your phone is AT&T and so is your sim card. You are not going to get the unlock prompt. Buy yourself a PAYG sim card,( not ATT&T ).. they are cheap and might even come free.. Insert it into your phone and enter the unlock code.

28th April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,078

3,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi91

Not a problem, just mostly a question.

Is the only way to SIM unlock a phone the traditional way of "I must insert another carriers SIM"?

Is there a particular app that I can manually run or a terminal command I can enter that would ask for the code?

I don't have another simcard so that's why I'm curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid

If your phone is AT&T and so is your sim card. You are not going to get the unlock prompt. Buy yourself a PAYG sim card,( not ATT&T ).. they are cheap and might even come free.. Insert it into your phone and enter the unlock code.

T-mobile gives out free sim cards all the time check their website .. i have about 10 of them
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread