Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I just took a look at Verizon s5 forum and. ..

OP em0ney14

28th April 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #21  
Flag Va Beach / Hatteras NC
Thanks Meter: 934

1,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shojus

Here was my post over there cause I donated too... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=60 I have Verizon and T-Mobile so I grabbed the M8 on Verizon and the S5 on T-mobile. Best of both worlds, although the M8 is waaaay snappier in pretty much every task. I wish Samsung would slim this damn TouchWiz down. Look at your available ram and tell me that this baby don't NEED 3gb of ram like the Note 3. WoW! Anyways, the more devs we all have the better if you think about it. Look how many roms and mods get ported over from different carrier variants. Yes, I am a crack flasher for sure. Glad to see you donate too though.

Right on best of both worlds.
I'm not seeing any performance difference M8/GS5 side by side both are sure performers except for M8 Radio radio , GS5 wins radio battle , battery life & water resistance is a +.
Yeah the ram thing hmm , I feel its being totally over hyped. Yes more is better but in reality not needed.
For those going huh heres a great read on ram - http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-wh...-shouldnt-care.
Yes yes more developers the better! This carrier lockdown crap needs to end , Only way that's going to happen is pressure manufactures go after them in social media blitz , That's what made HTC change their tune with Sprint EVO 3D.
Last edited by sling; 28th April 2014 at 06:10 AM.
28th April 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #22  
Flag GunRu
Thanks Meter: 403

1,053 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling

Right on best of both worlds.
I'm not seeing any performance difference M8/GS5 side by side both are sure performers except for M8 Radio radio , GS5 wins radio battle.
Yeah the ram thing hmm , I feel its being totally over hyped. Yes more is better but in reality not needed.
For those going huh heres a great read on ram - http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-wh...-shouldnt-care.
Yes yes more developers the better! This carrier lockdown crap needs to end , Only way that's going to happen is pressure manufactures go after them in social media blitz , That's what made HTC change their tune with Sprint EVO 3D.

Yes, both are great devices and I hope AOSP comes to the S5 cause I hate TW and I have not owned a Samsung product for quite some time and I remember why now. lol Have u tried any of the international roms yet?
28th April 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #23  
Flag Va Beach / Hatteras NC
Thanks Meter: 934

1,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, both are great devices and I hope AOSP comes to the S5 cause I hate TW and I have not owned a Samsung product for quite some time and I remember why now. lol Have u tried any of the international roms yet?

Yes looking forward to AOSP as well.
Nah no Int yet , Ive been to busy enjoying BeansTown106 Deodex building mods for it
The Following User Says Thank You to sling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #24  
Flag GunRu

1,053 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling

Yes looking forward to AOSP as well.
Nah no Int yet , Ive been to busy enjoying BeansTown106 Deodex building mods for it

Ya I think I am going to flash back to his as well... Missing a few features on T-Mobile specific roms. See u around!
28th April 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #25  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3,005

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was thinking about eventually attempting to unofficially port an aosp Rom to our phone however there would not be support for any of the new s5 Hardware features. Those are pretty much the only things diffrentiating the phone from the s4.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #26  
Flag GunRu

1,053 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215

I was thinking about eventually attempting to unofficially port an aosp Rom to our phone however there would not be support for any of the new s5 Hardware features. Those are pretty much the only things diffrentiating the phone from the s4.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ya, that would kind of be a bummer in some areas but to be honest, the only features I would really be concerned about is the 16mp camera and possibly the fingerprint scanner. All of the other features are pretty "blah" to me... I would REALLY like to see a rom that had the settings menu that is like AOSP cause I literally hate the pulldown menus and navigating through all of the settings that I probably will never use. I am currently running your rom right now so thanks for the hard work you are putting in to that!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread