26th April 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag /home/xda
Thanks Meter: 1,685

645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys,

Thanks for this great Omnirom! It is really snappy and running stable on my old device. I am running it on my 3 years old HTC Desire

I was only not able to compile with omnirom's android_packages_apps_Bluetooth. I guess that it comes from lacking support for legacy devices. When building CM-11 Bluetooth always worked fine for my device.

Furthermore USB mass storage is not working.. I have found a hint on xda, suggesting to enter within 'Terminal Emulator' app:
# su
# setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage
# reboot

That did not work out for me.

if trying:
# setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb

at least ADB is working.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
27th April 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 980

1,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
You should check your build tree and kernel to make sure things are building correctly in Bluetooth. Where did you get your kernel sources and config?

UMass is, as I understand it, deprecated. Without build configuration changes it is generally unavailable. You would have to check both that it was compiling in, as well as called out in your init.rc files.

---
Posted from whatever phone booted today
Last edited by jeffsf; 27th April 2014 at 05:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffsf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,802

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsf

You should check your build tree and kernel to make sure things are building correctly in Bluetooth. Where did you get your kernel sources and config?

UMass is, as I understand it, deprecated. Without build configuration changes it is generally unavailable. You would have to check both that it was compiling in, as well as called out in your init.rc files.

---

There may be legacy support items missing that are needed, it's up to maintainers of legacy devices to figure out what and submit to gerrit.

I need to come up with some formal documentation on completely killing UMS with fire.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag /home/xda
Thanks Meter: 1,685

645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsf

---

First of all thanks for your replies.. highly appreciated!

I am sure that it's not a kernel issue cause it works with any other of my kk roms. It is the only stable kernel that runs kitkat on my phone: https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k/

I will check my build tree and I guess that I will look into hardware/libhardware next..

Cheers!
Last edited by spezi77; 28th April 2014 at 10:53 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homemade htc desire
Previous Thread Next Thread