Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at kindle fire logo. PC cant detect kindle

Tip us?

nik011
Old
(Last edited by nik011; 28th April 2014 at 08:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck at kindle fire logo. PC cant detect kindle

I had a different ROM and tried to go back to stock so i can sell my kindle. I wiped everything using twrp, transfered rom file from pc using 'adb sideload' and restarted kindle without flashing new rom (i know, i'm idiot). Now i'm stuck at the Kindle Fire logo screen, and my pc cant detect kindle (it doesn't show anything in device manager)

I also bought factory cable from ebay seller 'connekt', but results are the same like with ordinary micro usb cable.

Now i want to try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1430038
I opened my kindle but i dont know where i should do shorting . Please help

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140428_194430108.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	2714344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140428_200419842.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	2714345  

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik011 View Post
I had a different ROM and tried to go back to stock so i can sell my kindle. I wiped everything using twrp, transfered rom file prom pc using 'adb sideload' and restarted kindle without flashing new rom (i know, i'm idiot). Now i'm stuck at the Kindle Fire logo screen, and my pc cant detect kindle (it doesn't show anything in device manager)

I also bought factory cable from ebay seller 'connekt', but results are the same like with ordinary micro usb cable.

Now i want to try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1430038
I opened my kindle but i dont know where i should do shorting . Please help

Thanks in advance
Ok since that's from the kf1 forum i'm going to say this now, do not bother with the shorting trick as it does not work on the 2nd gen kindles. We would need a signed aboot for that. You are going to need a fastboot adapter to fix it, go for the blackhat one since they are reputable and your ebay one doesn't work. http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factor...s-motadapt.htm

I thought at first you were attempting to short the usb from the board to get to fastboot but i don't suggest that method as you are liable to short something out if you hit the wrong spot.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

nik011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Omg, you were right. I just cut 'factory' cable i got from ebay (also cut my finger) and it is just a regular 4 pin micro usb cable.

Haha, i wont try to short usb from the board i already have enough problems Will just order that factory adapter you mentioned.

Thanks for the fast answer