Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Install new Firmware (Same Android version Kitkat)

Tip us?
 
oabareload
Old
#11  
oabareload's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 27
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MEXICO, D.F.

 
DONATE TO ME
Angry What you think about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Thats right oeps (thought you had a N900), for the N900W8 follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522858. This will not trip KNOX unless you flash a custom recovery later. So it doesn`t matter how you root, if you flash a custom recovery your warranty is gone anyway.
But I already have TWRP installed. :P

I did it with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabareload View Post
MODEL: NOTE 3 SM-N900W8 TELCEL MÉXICO
ANDROID: 4.4.2
TWRP: openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-hltetmo-4.4.img.tar
ODIN: Odin3-v1.85
KNOX: 0x0
What you think about it?
 
gee2012
Old
#12  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Posts: 7,704
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by oabareload View Post
But I already have TWRP installed. :P

I did it with this:



What you think about it?
Well thats great, then just flash superSU.zip with TWRP and you`re rooted.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
oabareload
Old
#13  
oabareload's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 27
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MEXICO, D.F.

 
DONATE TO ME
Arrow But thats not the problema I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Well then just flash superSU.zip with TWRP and you`re rooted.
I am also rooted, I just want to install new firmware with out trim my KNOX warranty, and I also have KitKat but the firmware I got is a custom one, and it has some issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabareload View Post
I have this:

Model: NOTE 3 SM-N900W8
Android: 4.4.2
Base: N900W8UBUCNA2
KNOX: 0x0

And I want to update to this:

Model: NOTE 3 SM-N900W8
Android: 4.4.2
Base: N900W8UBUCNC1
KNOX: 0x0
 
gee2012
Old
#14  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Posts: 7,704
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by oabareload View Post
I am also rooted, I just want to install new firmware with out trim my KNOX warranty, and I also have KitKat but the firmware I got is a custom one, and it has some issues.
Follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2614772 to update and root. Sorry, was a bit distracted by doing multiple things at the same time
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
oabareload
Old
(Last edited by oabareload; 28th April 2014 at 08:19 PM.)
#15  
oabareload's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 27
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MEXICO, D.F.

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2614772 to update and root. Sorry, was a bit distracted by doing multiple things at the same time
So, the main cuestion that I did.

Install the original Firmware (KitKat) without trip de KNOX warranty, is not possible?
 
gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 28th April 2014 at 08:17 PM.)
#16  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Posts: 7,704
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by oabareload View Post
So, the main cuestion that I did.

Install the original Firmware (KitKat) with ODIN without trip de KNOX warranty, is not possible?
Sure you can update and reroot, just follow the guide i posted to the letter. Its is for Canadian an Mexican TelCel users. Flashing Samsung firmware will never trip KNOX.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
oabareload
Old
#17  
oabareload's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 27
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MEXICO, D.F.

 
DONATE TO ME
Unhappy Is the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Sure you can update and reroot, just follow the guide i posted to the letter. Its is for Canadian an Mexican TelCel users. Flashing Samsung firmware will never trip KNOX.
The firmware that is specified in this "Tutorial" is the same that I already got.

 
gee2012
Old
#18  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Posts: 7,704
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
I am sorry but then I can't help you any further. Better wait for anyone else who can help you better then me. Good luck mate

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
oabareload
Old
#19  
oabareload's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 27
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MEXICO, D.F.

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
I am sorry but then I can't help you any further. Better wait for anyone else who can help you better then me. Good luck mate

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk
Hi!

I just installed the firmware by Odin 3.09 and it works! KNOX 0x0 but I still have the same issues

Thanks for your help!

The Following User Says Thank You to oabareload For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes