Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] App location?

Tip us?

tredonkulous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] App location?

I want to edit one of my apks (specifically Clash of Clans) and I can't find it's location on my phone. I have ES File Explorer and I have still have trouble locating it. My phone is the Galaxy S4 and there is no data/app folder or system/app folder so I have no clue where it is. If anyone could help me that would be great, thank you.

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1523

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredonkulous View Post
I want to edit one of my apks (specifically Clash of Clans) and I can't find it's location on my phone. I have ES File Explorer and I have still have trouble locating it. My phone is the Galaxy S4 and there is no data/app folder or system/app folder so I have no clue where it is. If anyone could help me that would be great, thank you.
Applications that don't come bundled with the ROM are installed in /data/app (not data/app - even though your file explorer may hide the leading slash).

You can't read /data/app without root permissions. That's probably your problem.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

tredonkulous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
Applications that don't come bundled with the ROM are installed in /data/app (not data/app - even though your file explorer may hide the leading slash).

You can't read /data/app without root permissions. That's probably your problem.
Eh, my device is rooted and I still couldn't find /data/app even with root permissions enabled. All I did instead was send a copy app and that seemed to work (ES File Explorer to Dropbox). Thank you though.