Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GS4 Randomly Shuts Off ; Apps and Screen Glitch Out

Tip us?

SlinerX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] GS4 Randomly Shuts Off ; Apps and Screen Glitch Out

INFO:

Model: SGH-M919
Kernel: 3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g93df44d build02@cyanogenmod #1 Fri Jan 31 22:47:46 2014
ROM: CM 10.2.1-jfltetmo
Build #: cm_jfltetmo-userdebug 4.3.1 JLS36I 5ce70171d1 test-keys
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7

Basically, ever since I flashed AOKP a while back, my phone has been acting weird. Every once in a while the phone will freeze and black lines will appear, immediately followed by the phone re-booting. It happens completely at random. Afterwards, I flashed various ROM's and Android versions thinking that maybe the ROM was the issue, to no prevail.

Also, apps such as GoSMS, Instagram, PowerAmp, and my Camera, to name a few, bug out and either crash or freeze the phone and again it re-boots. The phone doesn't produce sound (from internal speakers or headphones, when plugged in). The Camera app will not record videos, or lag when record button is pressed, overall most of applications bug out and dont work the way they're suppose to.

My main concern is the random re-booting and what might be causing it, and what can do to fix it?

Thank You for the Help!

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinerX View Post
INFO:

Model: SGH-M919
Kernel: 3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g93df44d build02@cyanogenmod #1 Fri Jan 31 22:47:46 2014
ROM: CM 10.2.1-jfltetmo
Build #: cm_jfltetmo-userdebug 4.3.1 JLS36I 5ce70171d1 test-keys
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7

Basically, ever since I flashed AOKP a while back, my phone has been acting weird. Every once in a while the phone will freeze and black lines will appear, immediately followed by the phone re-booting. It happens completely at random. Afterwards, I flashed various ROM's and Android versions thinking that maybe the ROM was the issue, to no prevail.

Also, apps such as GoSMS, Instagram, PowerAmp, and my Camera, to name a few, bug out and either crash or freeze the phone and again it re-boots. The phone doesn't produce sound (from internal speakers or headphones, when plugged in). The Camera app will not record videos, or lag when record button is pressed, overall most of applications bug out and dont work the way they're suppose to.

My main concern is the random re-booting and what might be causing it, and what can do to fix it?

Thank You for the Help!

Flash stock firmware via Odin to fix rom affected issiues.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SlinerX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Flash stock firmware via Odin to fix rom affected issiues.
I flashed the latest stock firmware, 4.4.2, via odin 3.09. The problems still stand, everything seems fine at first and then things start crashing and phone reboots. Any other thoughts on what might be causing it?

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Don't worry about the rebooting my main concern are those black lines appearing I would flash to stock and claim warranty

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

SlinerX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
Don't worry about the rebooting my main concern are those black lines appearing I would flash to stock and claim warranty

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I've already triggered the Knox Warranty Void