Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashable 4.3 Odin stock?

Tip us?

droodski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Flashable 4.3 Odin stock?

I used KINGO to root my 4.3, it said it rooted, but it didnt. It installed a custom recovery, but doesnt look like root is sticking . I am getting all sorts of app closes now ( you tube, super u, google maps )

Is there a ODIN flashable 4.3 full download? I see only a thread to restore to stock if you have a working flashable recovery...

Any tips???? on getting back to stock

allrockedout
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I assume your on a s3? What model?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nodyarg
Old
(Last edited by nodyarg; 29th April 2014 at 01:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by droodski View Post
I used KINGO to root my 4.3, it said it rooted, but it didnt. It installed a custom recovery, but doesnt look like root is sticking . I am getting all sorts of app closes now ( you tube, super u, google maps )

Is there a ODIN flashable 4.3 full download? I see only a thread to restore to stock if you have a working flashable recovery...

Any tips???? on getting back to stock

You are posting in the wrong forum, only developers are allowed to post topics here for their releases. You should be asking in the Q&A forum.

Anyways, I am assuming you are here because you have a i747 or i747m and not one of the many other versions of the s3, but make sure before following my instructions, or you might brick your phone. There are several options for getting a stock rooted 4.3 rom, such as downloading a stock image from sammobile installing cf autoroot over your rom, downloading a prerooted rom, using mobileodin to root inject a stock image, etc. forget kingo.

I would recommend using the i747 tools in the android unified toolkit to flash and root your phone since it provides step by step instructions during the semi-automated process, which is helpful for beginners. you can download the toolkit here: http://www.skipsoft.net/?p=1347
Alternatively, you can download a pre-rooted ("root66") odin flashable 4.3 image, and then flash it in odin. i would still recommend using the toolkit alongside that process though. Here are some root66 stock roms: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1739426
Phone: LG/T-Mobile Optimus G2x (LG P999)
ROM: AOSP EAGLESBLOOD ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.4 ROM BUILD 4