FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

At wits end (Possible brick?)

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By bardock123, Junior Member on 28th April 2014, 05:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So, I was benchmarking various kernels today, and my phone decided that it doesn't want to function anymore. To be more specific, I went from Faux's kernel, to Lean kernel, and back to Faux; and after returning to Faux, I've gotten nothing but "SystemUI has stopped responding". Since this happened I've wiped both cache and dalvik cache, re-flashed stock firmware via Odin, and wiped my internal memory--all to no avail. If anyone has any advice regarding this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.
 
 
28th April 2014, 06:00 PM |#2  
noobtoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 467
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardock123

So, I was benchmarking various kernels today, and my phone decided that it doesn't want to function anymore. To be more specific, I went from Faux's kernel, to Lean kernel, and back to Faux; and after returning to Faux, I've gotten nothing but "SystemUI has stopped responding". Since this happened I've wiped both cache and dalvik cache, re-flashed stock firmware via Odin, and wiped my internal memory--all to no avail. If anyone has any advice regarding this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.

So what happens now? Does it boot at all? Boot-looping? When plugged into computer is it recognized? Were you on 4.3 or 4.4? We need some more information before everyone starts chiming in.
28th April 2014, 06:19 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtoob

So what happens now? Does it boot at all? Boot-looping? When plugged into computer is it recognized? Were you on 4.3 or 4.4? We need some more information before everyone starts chiming in.

It boots, but every rom that I try installing an alternate rom, it either freezes after a few minutes, or it doesn't boot at all. I can still get into download mode, so ADB/Odin/recovery isn't ruled out. I'm still on the 4.3 bootloader.
Last edited by bardock123; 28th April 2014 at 06:24 PM.
28th April 2014, 06:24 PM |#4  
noobtoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 467
 
More
Alright. What recovery are you running?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 06:26 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtoob

Alright. What recovery are you running?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

TWRP
28th April 2014, 07:36 PM |#6  
noobtoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 467
 
More
Sorry, got called away from my desk.

What version of Odin are you using? I know you stated you wiped cache and internal storage. Just to rule everything else out right now, please try and follow my heimdall guide. Since you are on 4.3 it will still work. Perform both the recovery and stock restore guide. It seems to have done a lot of people a solid when Odin wouldn't wipe it properly. In my instructions (in the recovery zip) it says for best results to wipe things in a particular order. Try out the heimdall recovery zip and then the full restore. Heimdall instructions are in their own files, but basically you use zadig.exe that they provide to replace the usb driver. After all is said and done, let me know what happens. You may have a corrupt portion of the emmc that doesn't provide i/o very well any longer.
28th April 2014, 11:02 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtoob

Sorry, got called away from my desk.

What version of Odin are you using? I know you stated you wiped cache and internal storage. Just to rule everything else out right now, please try and follow my heimdall guide. Since you are on 4.3 it will still work. Perform both the recovery and stock restore guide. It seems to have done a lot of people a solid when Odin wouldn't wipe it properly. In my instructions (in the recovery zip) it says for best results to wipe things in a particular order. Try out the heimdall recovery zip and then the full restore. Heimdall instructions are in their own files, but basically you use zadig.exe that they provide to replace the usb driver. After all is said and done, let me know what happens. You may have a corrupt portion of the emmc that doesn't provide i/o very well any longer.

That did the trick. Thanks again for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to bardock123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 11:05 PM |#8  
noobtoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 467
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardock123

That did the trick. Thanks again for the help!

Awesome. That is why I like heimdall. Now if only i could get it to work on the 4.4 bootloader...😕

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes