Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,709 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] re root after ROM

Tip us?

Ilikecheese
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] re root after ROM

I just got another DNA and decided this time to mod it. I hated it stock and bloated. So anyway I did the rumrunner s-off method to unlock and root and everything is going good and I installed the NuSenseSIX Htc m8 port and it's beautiful. Props. But there's an app called trickster mod that I tried to go into and says I don't have root. So I go into superSU and it says I'm missing the SU binaries and that I need to manually 're root it. But Idk if I should do it the same way cause I used the s-off thing or if I should use the htc universal toolkit or something. Any advice would be very helpful

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikecheese View Post
I just got another DNA and decided this time to mod it. I hated it stock and bloated. So anyway I did the rumrunner s-off method to unlock and root and everything is going good and I installed the NuSenseSIX Htc m8 port and it's beautiful. Props. But there's an app called trickster mod that I tried to go into and says I don't have root. So I go into superSU and it says I'm missing the SU binaries and that I need to manually 're root it. But Idk if I should do it the same way cause I used the s-off thing or if I should use the htc universal toolkit or something. Any advice would be very helpful
Download the newest su zip from the su website by chain fire and flash it in recovery and you will have root.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ilikecheese
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post
Download the newest su zip from the su website by chain fire and flash it in recovery and you will have root.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Okay thank you so much