Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "This is yuga" issue

Tip us?
 
pedromsouza
Old
#1  
pedromsouza's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 120
Join Date: Oct 2013
Question [Q] "This is yuga" issue

After I installed TWRP recovery, when I try to flash a new rom the installer says that the rom is not compatible, because it's built for another device. Something like "this is yuga, this rom is compatible with - the xperia zl name -". Do you know how to fix it?
Sony Xperia ZL (ZQ)
Android 4.3 Stock
 
Ben Ling
Old
#2  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,243
Posts: 3,967
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromsouza View Post
After I installed TWRP recovery, when I try to flash a new rom the installer says that the rom is not compatible, because it's built for another device. Something like "this is yuga, this rom is compatible with - the xperia zl name -". Do you know how to fix it?
so does the rom is really for your device ?




Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work
 
pedromsouza
Old
#3  
pedromsouza's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 120
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling View Post
so does the rom is really for your device ?
It is. It looks like after installing the recovery the device identify itself as yuga, causing the problem. I don't know if I have to flash another boot or recovery or kernel to fix this.
Sony Xperia ZL (ZQ)
Android 4.3 Stock
 
Ben Ling
Old
#4  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,243
Posts: 3,967
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromsouza View Post
It is. It looks like after installing the recovery the device identify itself as yuga, causing the problem. I don't know if I have to flash another boot or recovery or kernel to fix this.
then i suggest you to flash the ZL recovery




Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pedromsouza
Old
#5  
pedromsouza's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 120
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling View Post
then i suggest you to flash the ZL recovery
Do you know if it will harm the stock rom? The recovery I installed was downloaded from ZL's forum.
Sony Xperia ZL (ZQ)
Android 4.3 Stock
 
scifan
Old
#6  
scifan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 984
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromsouza View Post
Do you know if it will harm the stock rom? The recovery I installed was downloaded from ZL's forum.
Not sure. If this was the "Dual recovery" installation, go download the zl version and re-flash...
The Following User Says Thank You to scifan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
coolrevi
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 451
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromsouza View Post
Do you know if it will harm the stock rom? The recovery I installed was downloaded from ZL's forum.
Ya its ported from Xperia z why don't you install xz dual recovery. I had no problem in flashing. Which rom are you trying to flash

Sent from my C6502 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to coolrevi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pedromsouza
Old
#8  
pedromsouza's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 120
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrevi View Post
Ya its ported from Xperia z why don't you install xz dual recovery. I had no problem in flashing. Which rom are you trying to flash

Sent from my C6502 using xda app-developers app
I'm trying to flash Paranoid Android. I'll search for xz dual recovery and post here if it works.
Sony Xperia ZL (ZQ)
Android 4.3 Stock
 
coolrevi
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 451
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromsouza View Post
I'm trying to flash Paranoid Android. I'll search for xz dual recovery and post here if it works.
Bro. You don't need any recovery. Just flash boot.img from the zip using fastboot. You'll have a recovery installed

Sent from my C6502 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to coolrevi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ben Ling
Old
#10  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,243
Posts: 3,967
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrevi View Post
Bro. You don't need any recovery. Just flash boot.img from the zip using fastboot. You'll have a recovery installed

Sent from my C6502 using xda app-developers app
fastboot will only work for unlocked bootloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromsouza View Post
I'm trying to flash Paranoid Android. I'll search for xz dual recovery and post here if it works.

use the recovery here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606




Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work

The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes