Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 46,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4g and wifi icon after 4.4

Tip us?

ziggityz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] 4g and wifi icon after 4.4

I now have a 4g and wifi icon present on the notification bar when connected to wifi, not just a wifi icon, any one else with this problem?

Coycaine
Old
Thanks Meter 1061
Not a "problem", just a change they made. Even with mobile data off you will still have the icon letting you know there is data coverage available. Don't know why they changed it, but thats what they do lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Coycaine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jwhistler
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coycaine View Post
Not a "problem", just a change they made. Even with mobile data off you will still have the icon letting you know there is data coverage available. Don't know why they changed it, but thats what they do lol
Change, for the sake of change. I can almost hear the software engineers: "Well, there's really nothing wrong with this, but if we change it, people will think it's a "NEW AND IMPROVED" feature!

jhom52
Old
(Last edited by jhom52; 29th April 2014 at 01:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
I have 2 S4. On one the 4g stays grayed when WiFi is running. My other S4 has the 4g on while WiFi is on. In each case, neither shows any 4g activity (arrows moving) with WiFi on. This is rather odd since both are setup the same with regards to WiFi and mobile data.

Update: by turning off Caller Name ID app, I have both of my S4 acting in the same way (4g consistently grayed out when WiFi on). Why the app affects the 4g icon is beyond me.