Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 4g and wifi icon after 4.4

OP ziggityz

28th April 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

58 posts
I now have a 4g and wifi icon present on the notification bar when connected to wifi, not just a wifi icon, any one else with this problem?
28th April 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 1,072

1,633 posts
More
Not a "problem", just a change they made. Even with mobile data off you will still have the icon letting you know there is data coverage available. Don't know why they changed it, but thats what they do lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Coycaine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 31

215 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coycaine

Not a "problem", just a change they made. Even with mobile data off you will still have the icon letting you know there is data coverage available. Don't know why they changed it, but thats what they do lol

Change, for the sake of change. I can almost hear the software engineers: "Well, there's really nothing wrong with this, but if we change it, people will think it's a "NEW AND IMPROVED" feature!
29th April 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 23

108 posts
I have 2 S4. On one the 4g stays grayed when WiFi is running. My other S4 has the 4g on while WiFi is on. In each case, neither shows any 4g activity (arrows moving) with WiFi on. This is rather odd since both are setup the same with regards to WiFi and mobile data.

Update: by turning off Caller Name ID app, I have both of my S4 acting in the same way (4g consistently grayed out when WiFi on). Why the app affects the 4g icon is beyond me.
Last edited by jhom52; 29th April 2014 at 02:36 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread