Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need help, Nook can't mount anything.

OP philshel

29th April 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Out of the middle of nowhere my HD+ stopped booting and would stick on the "nook" screen could not get into recovery. Been running versions of CM for more than a year without any issues and was currently running the latest CM11. After trying several different versions of CWM, I found two that it would boot to recovery. Now the issue is that while it will boot to recovery, I get continuous errors that it can't mount anything. Can't mount cache, ext SD, or the internal SD. Also I cannot connect to it via the USB cable. I'm stuck! I cannot mount anything so therefore cannot recover. Can anyone help?
29th April 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,702

8,428 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philshel

Out of the middle of nowhere my HD+ stopped booting and would stick on the "nook" screen could not get into recovery. Been running versions of CM for more than a year without any issues and was currently running the latest CM11. After trying several different versions of CWM, I found two that it would boot to recovery. Now the issue is that while it will boot to recovery, I get continuous errors that it can't mount anything. Can't mount cache, ext SD, or the internal SD. Also I cannot connect to it via the USB cable. I'm stuck! I cannot mount anything so therefore cannot recover. Can anyone help?

Try going to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash stock recovery back to internal as described in item 5. Then try the 8 failed boot procedure by interrupting the boot by powering off 8 times in a row. See what that does.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
29th April 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 83

317 posts
If my memory is correct, had the mounting issue when I had played with wiping of the emmc. The sdcard recovery I think was what had worked as flashing from emmc recovery couldnt be done due to the mounting issue which the sdcard recovery had no problem with. Or something like that. Its not really bricked yet.
Last edited by sandsofmyst; 29th April 2014 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Clarify again
29th April 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Try going to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash stock recovery back to internal as described in item 5. Then try the 8 failed boot procedure by interrupting the boot by powering off 8 times in a row. See what that does.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

I tried #5 already and I cannot flash as it say's that it cannot mount the SD card.

Tried the "8 times" trick and it still hung on the 9th boot.

The symptoms are the same as the emmc bug from a while back but I was not using the software that was causing that issue.
I was having power/charging issues that immediately proceeded the issue. The nook was draining unusually fast and was not charging as usual, I had several incomplete boots just prior to the issue but I several successful boots prior to this issue.
It is acting like the factory partitions are gone/corrupt.
29th April 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #5  

317 posts
Quote:

It is acting like the factory partitions are gone/corrupt.

If you use sdcard twrp recovery you can use the built in file explorer to check if your emmc is showing up normal or not. At least I would think that would be a good indicator instead of simply assuming the worst.
29th April 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsofmyst

If my memory is correct, had the mounting issue when I had played with wiping of the emmc. The sdcard recovery I think was what had worked as flashing from emmc recovery couldnt be done due to the mounting issue which the sdcard recovery had no problem with. Or something like that. Its not really bricked yet.

I cannot mount the SD card either. It will boot from the SD but will not access any other files on the card, just throws the "cannot mount sdcard" error
29th April 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #7  

317 posts
Quote:

I cannot mount the SD card either. It will boot from the SD but will not access any other files on the card, just throws the "cannot mount sdcard" error

D'oh I forgot you may also need to go into the mount options of the sdcard recovery and make sure to mount the stuff. Sorry, been a while hard to remember.
Last edited by sandsofmyst; 29th April 2014 at 04:17 AM.
29th April 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

If you use sdcard twrp recovery you can use the built in file explorer to check if your emmc is showing up normal or not. At least I would think that would be a good indicator instead of simply assuming the worst.

I id not know twrp had that function will give that a try.
29th April 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #9  

317 posts
Quote:

I id not know twrp had that function will give that a try.

Its buried in advanced or something, but its there. Comes in handy.
29th April 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

D'oh I forgot you may also need to go into the mount options of the sdcard recovery and make sure to mount the stuff. Sorry, been a while hard to remember.

When I use the recovery's mount menu, it throws the same "cannot mount....." error.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread