Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I flash twrp from goomanager?

Tip us?

eggwardo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Can I flash twrp from goomanager?

I have a 8013. I need to put in a different recovery and I like twrp. has anyone flashed it from goomanager? I see that there is one on there I just dont want to mess something up.

Already rooted.

I would search for this but I cant find a search button. Really not in the app or on the website.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

tanker32
Old
(Last edited by tanker32; 11th April 2014 at 12:59 AM.) Reason: typos
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Let me see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwardo View Post
I have a 8013. I need to put in a different recovery and I like twrp. has anyone flashed it from goomanager? I see that there is one on there I just dont want to mess something up.

Already rooted.

I would search for this but I cant find a search button. Really not in the app or on the website.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app
Hmm... When I read here: Goomanager so there is function for flash recovery. But if I don't get wrong, so this recovery files must be on www.goo.im server. Theoretically all ROMs, MODs and RECOVERY files lying on goo.im server
you can download to your device and flash it!

But for me and if I want to flash something, the best way is: Flashify
Here is it TOP 11:
1 - Flash boot and recovery .img without even needing to go to recovery.
2 - Flash zip files. Option to wipe cache, dalvik and data when using TWRP or Philz recovery.
3 - Download and flash CWM, Philz, TWRP, Gapps, Franco Kernel, Stock Nexus Kernel (premium), and Stock Nexus Recovery (premium).
4 - Automatic Loki Patch when needed.
5 - Full nandroid backups/restores when using TWRP or Philz recovery.
6 - Backup/Restore kernel and recovery using Sdcard or cloud (Dropbox, Box (premium) or Google Drive (premium)).
7 - Automatic cloud synchronisation of backups between devices and desktops.
8 - Keep track of recently flashed items.
9 - Flash multiple files and build your flash queue.
11 - Flash from anywhere! Do you want to flash from your favorite File Explorer or Email app? No biggie, that also works together with Flashify.

More at links above!
Have great Flashing Peter

Peter "The Bestguy" Tanker

lordofstuff
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have an 8013 as well that I acquired used. it was pre-rooted, but the custom recovery on it didn't work for newer roms. I looked into installing TWRP and found that although the official TWRP instructions said you could install it from GooManager, when I tried to, it didn't find a recovery for the device.

I did successfully get TWRP installed quite easily using their alternate instructions, though. here's a quick breakdown, especially since their instructions are a bit vague.

1. download the .img file for the recovery from here: http ://teamw.in /project/ twrp2/110 (remove the spaces; I can't post outside links yet.)

2. in either terminal emultor or through adb shell, run the command shown below, replacing the bracketed sections with the path and filename of the .img file:

dd if=/<File path>/<filename>.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6

For example, say you save it in your downloads folder on the internal sd card. The path is probably something along the lines of /storage/sdcard0/Download/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-gt-n8013.img

If you get the path or filename wrong when you runthis command, it will just tell you that it could not find the file you told it to write. if you get the second part wrong, however, you could brick your device, so make sure you double and triple check that part.

Another good check to do before running the command is to ensure that your download is not corrupt by checking the md5 checksum. To do this, make sure you copy that when you download the file and then check using a file browser that supports it. I use Explorer (by Speed Software) to check the md5. To see it, long press the file and click properties. If the one given when you downloaded it and and the one you get from the file do not match, your download likely got corrupted and you should try again until they do match. It's rare, but you don't want to flash a corrupted recovery, so do check it.

The command itself can either be run from an app like terminal emulator or over adb (android debug bridge) from your computer using the command:

adb shell <command>

I followed this basic procedure and now have a fully functioning TWRP recovery on my 8013. Best of luck to you in getting yours working.