Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help, SD card unexpectedly removed.

Tip us?

bylithium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Default Help, SD card unexpectedly removed.

Title says it all. It happened this morning and as well as in the afternoon. Usually happens when I'm playing music. It is very frustrating. Please help me.
Currently owned device:
Motorola Atrix HD (AT&T)

ROM I'm currently using:
SOKP - Sonic Open Kang Project (4.4.4)

Dream device:
LG Nexus 5

Who am I?
Skateboarder & a graphics designer.

sparkplugDev
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by bylithium View Post
Title says it all. It happened this morning and as well as in the afternoon. Usually happens when I'm playing music. It is very frustrating. Please help me.
I take it that this is something that is happening unexpectedly to you as well as the phone... It doesn't particularly surprise me if this type of thing happens often because the door holding the SIM and SD card in is really flimsy. Do you have a case on your phone? I've never had this happen but I would imagine that it would be a hardware issue rather than software so you would want to be sure that your SD card is making good contact with your phone's SD card slot and you've pushed it in all the way until it clicks into place. I would also recommend trying a different SD card and seeing if you get different results. If none of these things work then you might have some sort of water or other internal damage to your phone that would prevent making good contacts.