i have looked around for days, but nobody else seems to have my issue.
i've been rooting and romming for a couple of years now, but this is my first post because i have always done my research and been able to find whatever i needed without having to post a new thread. and i'm more of a lurker anyway.
but my issue is that while i have changed through about 25 ROMs, i have never manually changed
- my recovery - it has always been CWM
and i am trying to switch to TWRP.
i downloaded GooManager --> menu --> Install OpenRecoveryScript
opened up ROM Manager --> Current Recovery = ClockworkMod 18.104.22.168 --> enter Recovery Setup --> select 'TWRP' under "recovery already installed" --> select d2vzw --> got confirmation message --> Current Recovery is now TWRP. Check.
manually reboot to recovery through phone's power menu. the phone reboots into ClockworkMod 22.214.171.124
i have undone and redone this thrice. so, at this point, it seems to me like i'm stuck with CWM. does anyone have advice on this?
current phone setup and background info:
- SlimKat 4.4.2 build 4.1-OFFICIAL
- kernel 3.4.85-cyanogenmod-g2d0c101
- baseband version I535VRLF2 <--(side note: is this odd? i have not seen this baseband anywhere on these forums.)
- my directories are littered with /sdcard/sdcard0/emulated and emulated/0 and legacy/this or that ... and my phone is unbearably, unacceptably slow now. i'm not sure exactly when it happened, but at some point the processor and battery began heating up very quickly, and my phone's functionality dropping like a stone under any type of stress.
- i am unable to use the wi-fi feature of my phone. this was the case on the previous 4.4.2 ROM i used as well. liquid kitkat.
I could actually also use some help trying to un-junk my internal storage if anyone would be willing to help me with that.
snapshot of my internal storage:
Total space = 26.26GB
Apps = 1.20 GB +
Pics, Vids = 1.64 GB +
Audio = 520 KB +
Downloads = 29.96 MB +
CachedData= 54.41 MB +
Misc. = 2.46 GB =
..... (5384.93MB total)
+ six CWM nandroids = ~10 GB
Available = 6.49 GB???
I know this post is somewhat all-over-the-place, but thanks to anyone who can offer any help with any of it, i will really appreciate it.