Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

So torn; Keep the One m8 or get the S5 ?

OP Zorachus

29th April 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 52

308 posts
Until Samsung change things up I have no desire to go for the S series . . . The Note 4 is suppose to be changing design but again it will just copy the S5 features wise . . .
S5 didn't even interest me at all . .I was going for M8 or Z2 to be honest . . Not at all sad that I chose the M8!
I'd keep hold !!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th April 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 6

64 posts
Saw the bosses S5 earlier today. Had to try really hard to mock him for not getting the M8.

In terms of build quality and sheer sexy gadget appeal, the M8 blows the S5 clean out of the water.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
29th April 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 326

2,520 posts
More
This is my first workday with the M8. Holy sh!t AMAZING battery life. Right now unplugged off charger for 12h 48m and battery is at 57%. And I used the phone a good amount today too, all on 4G today, no Wi-Fi. Wow that's really good.

How can I see the On Screen time ? I am guessing has to be at least 3h screen on time today for me, and still have 50% battery left to go

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Zorachus; 29th April 2014 at 02:59 AM.
29th April 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #14  
Flag Grand Rapids MI
Thanks Meter: 110

231 posts
Donate to Me
More
The M8 is more feature-rich. I say stay with what you got. More cases will come, btw...it's brand new phone for crying out loud.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
29th April 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #15  
Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,872

14,480 posts
More
Thread Closed

I'm closing this, just like other similar threads, as we don't allow comparison threads.
We don't allow these threads as it can very easily lead to heated debates/arguments about which phone is the "best". It's also an open opportunity for fanboy trolls to come along and ruin such threads.
Also, asking in the M8 forum will undoubtedly bring bias results as most people in this section either have the M8 or are getting the M8.

If you wish to ask such a question, please use the existing Device Suggestion Thread!

Regards,
- KidCarter93
Forum Moderator
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread