Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Apps uninstalling on own?

Tip us?

ejstubbs
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboynm View Post
Various apps. Wife hasn't been able to remember the names but the types were flashcards app (like the 3x5 cards we used in school), scientific calculator, biology and a game.

Sorry, doing the best I can with a wife that has a poor memory of app names.
You could try scanning the ALL tab under My Apps on the Play Store - that shows all the apps you've ever installed on any device registered against your Google account. That might jog her memory. If they're not listed there then maybe, as leapinlar suggested, they came from the Amazon app store and have fallen prey to the flakiness he's observed.

(Backup tools like Titanium Backup can be set to do regular app backups which could provide a useful recovery point in cases like this. Not so useful if the user can't remember what the apps were called, though...)

extrem0
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
I was just wondering if they were apps she got at the Amazon app store. Sometimes those get flacky if they can't verify that the app store is installed and running.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Maybe she downloaded apps from play store, then removed hers Google account, so all apps associated got Uninstalled.
Sensation 4G // CM10.1 AOSP 4.2.2 Jellybean by albinoman887

myTouch 4G [bad emmc&screen] // Dark Jelly Belly v.2 w/ Frosted Cherry Kernel -- sold

Milestone A853 // CyanogenMod 7.2.4e by kabaldan

sandsofmyst
Old
(Last edited by sandsofmyst; 29th April 2014 at 04:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 63
If its using cm11 there was a bug where app icons would disappear from the launcher after app updates.

Apps uninstalling themselves though... Besides user error or bad judgement I can think of many possible scenarios where apps could be removed/disappear.

I wonder too if google's new app checker service improvement could remove them if it didn't like them. Perhaps even being triggered during an automatic update.

[Ah yes, there is what I was looking for: "Google Play scans apps that are uploaded for malware. If an app is later discovered to be malicious, Google can automatically remove it from the devices it’s been installed on." -> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/cracked...e-downloading/

And that is only one way it can happen.]
Moto G 4G | latest official rom 4.4.3 (Longest recorded uptime: 386+ hours)
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official rom (Longest recorded uptime: 331 hours with much daily use.)