Post Reply

Google Music Quality Setting on Tablet

25th April 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #1  
havanahjoe's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 237
 
789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
While I wait for parts, I've been testing Google Music in the car on my Nexus 7 before installing it the dash. I noticed that the music quality is not very good, so I went into the settings to make sure it was set to High Quality, and surprise, there is no Music Quality setting in tablet mode!

Am I missing something? Does Google Music determine the quality based on the speed of the internet connection? I was tethering from my Nexus 5 over Bluetooth and found my speeds were pretty dismal (2 Mbps down when my T-Mobile LTE usually gives me around 30 Mbps).

Spotify lets me select the music quality in tablet mode, but I ditched them when they weren't handling notifications properly by ducking (they used to pause). They finally fixed the notifications, but they don't support the Chromecast, so I'm keeping Google Music until that happens.
27th April 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Bel Air
Thanks Meter: 49
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by havanahjoe

While I wait for parts, I've been testing Google Music in the car on my Nexus 7 before installing it the dash. I noticed that the music quality is not very good, so I went into the settings to make sure it was set to High Quality, and surprise, there is no Music Quality setting in tablet mode!

Am I missing something? Does Google Music determine the quality based on the speed of the internet connection? I was tethering from my Nexus 5 over Bluetooth and found my speeds were pretty dismal (2 Mbps down when my T-Mobile LTE usually gives me around 30 Mbps).

Spotify lets me select the music quality in tablet mode, but I ditched them when they weren't handling notifications properly by ducking (they used to pause). They finally fixed the notifications, but they don't support the Chromecast, so I'm keeping Google Music until that happens.

I have a Nexus 7 Flo and it has a quality setting. It's the next setting below "Stream Via Wi-Fi Only" and is accessed by tapping the "Mobile Networks Stream Quality" setting.
27th April 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #3  
havanahjoe's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 237
 
789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by douger1957

I have a Nexus 7 Flo and it has a quality setting. It's the next setting below "Stream Via Wi-Fi Only" and is accessed by tapping the "Mobile Networks Stream Quality" setting.

Really? I have the option on my Nexus 5, but this is the Nexus 7:



Are you running stock 4.4.2? Are you forcing phone mode by any chance?
29th April 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Bel Air
Thanks Meter: 49
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by havanahjoe

Really? I have the option on my Nexus 5, but this is the Nexus 7:



Are you running stock 4.4.2? Are you forcing phone mode by any chance?

I'm running bruce2728's ROM right now but I had the setting in both the current ROM and the stock ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank