Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.4.2 Other Improvements

Tip us?
 
Gino76ph
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default Android 4.4.2 Other Improvements

Hi there.

I'm thinking of buying a G2 again as I heard the Android 4.4.2 is now live here in the UK/EU. But I want to ask about the other improvements to the device.

Most particularly the camera.

1. Is there any minor or subtle changes to the quality, behaviour, speed to the stock G2 camera?

2. If I install a third party camera app like Google Camera will the algorithm and "interpretation" in terms of picture quality be improved or changed?

Please advice. Thanks.
 
ECrispy
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 1,216
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino76ph View Post
Hi there.

I'm thinking of buying a G2 again as I heard the Android 4.4.2 is now live here in the UK/EU. But I want to ask about the other improvements to the device.

Most particularly the camera.

1. Is there any minor or subtle changes to the quality, behaviour, speed to the stock G2 camera?

2. If I install a third party camera app like Google Camera will the algorithm and "interpretation" in terms of picture quality be improved or changed?

Please advice. Thanks.
1. No. But you can install xdadebb's camera mod which makes the stock camera much better

2. Google Camera doesn't share anything with LG software, they are independent. You can have both at same time, but you need KK.
 
Gino76ph
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
1. No. But you can install xdadebb's camera mod which makes the stock camera much better

2. Google Camera doesn't share anything with LG software, they are independent. You can have both at same time, but you need KK.

Sorry I don't do root as I prefer the original and stock uodates. I feel I might damage the phone even more.

Does it mean I need to have android 4.4.2 in order to install Google Camera?
 
ECrispy
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 1,216
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino76ph View Post
Sorry I don't do root as I prefer the original and stock uodates. I feel I might damage the phone even more.

Does it mean I need to have android 4.4.2 in order to install Google Camera?
Yes, the camera from play store needs KitKat. Also many people on this forum can help you with rooting, you don't even need to modify stock software. I am running the stock KitKat just with root.
 
krispy1
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 137
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto
It improved the launch of camera and focus slightly but not a huge difference

I did some test with the google camera taking exact pictures and comparing I found the stock was slightly sharper, so google's camera app is using a different post processing.
The Following User Says Thank You to krispy1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes