Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) HELP!!!!

Tip us?

Theboss14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) HELP!!!!

I am currently trying to repair a soft bricked(stuck in boot loop) Samsung Galaxy S2. I am trying to save the info (contacts,sms,pictures..etc).
Would using Odin to flash CWM Recovery and doing a nandroid backup and then restoring the phone to factory settings.
Would it somehow save everything in the internal memory and fix the phone?
Please, If you can Update me with some info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Might be possible, if you backup, reinstall a rom based the same update you're on and then do an advanced restore of just /data, Really depends on what made it soft brick in the first place though. You're pictures won't be touched either way, but contacts, messages, etc are a different story. Hopefully you had your phone synced to Google to backup the contacts at least...
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

Jom_o1
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Default Try This.

on CWM , you can do a backup.. then flash your previous rom before you get softbricked.
reboot.
cwm again,
Backup and restore >> andvance restore >> restore data

this usually works with me..