Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bigger battery

OP death_entry

22nd April 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 28

266 posts
More
Is the battery on the TS upgradeable to something with higher capacity?

I haven't received mine but was hoping it might be standard part that you can just swap in a replacement....
22nd April 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,541

6,788 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_entry

Is the battery on the TS upgradeable to something with higher capacity?

I haven't received mine but was hoping it might be standard part that you can just swap in a replacement....

Really doubt you could even find something that dimensions with higher capacity.

There was option to upgrade package, I did that (for one more battery and few more things)...

And yeah...mine is still somewhere in Laurents imagination and I really doubt it'll be shipped before this month end.
That's probably just another lie in a row...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Really doubt you could even find something that dimensions with higher capacity.

There was option to upgrade package, I did that (for one more battery and few more things)...

And yeah...mine is still somewhere in Laurents imagination and I really doubt it'll be shipped before this month end.
That's probably just another lie in a row...

Wasn't there talk about an 850mha variant instead of the shipping 600mha? I might obviously be day dreaming here

Hurry up graphene super capacitors lol
22nd April 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,541

6,788 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_entry

Wasn't there talk about an 850mha variant instead of the shipping 600mha? I might obviously be day dreaming here

Hurry up graphene super capacitors lol

Hmm...I must admit it's the first time I even heard for 850mhA for TS.

It's really annoying how all technology constantly getting better but battery industry somehow can't catch up.

Phones, tablets and all other gadgets need something better than battery we have today - that's for sure.

24th April 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

84 posts
Donate to Me
More
With the OEM battery, this watch is already massively heavy. Plus, once you start using apps or games, it gets very warm.

Instead of having a larger capacity battery, there should be a better software management tool to manage this watch-phone's resources. Just some casual FB messaging, my watch is barely able to last 1 day.
26th April 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGeyser

With the OEM battery, this watch is already massively heavy. Plus, once you start using apps or games, it gets very warm.

Instead of having a larger capacity battery, there should be a better software management tool to manage this watch-phone's resources. Just some casual FB messaging, my watch is barely able to last 1 day.

Wouldn't something like 2x battery app or pausing services with titanium back up do something like that?
29th April 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

84 posts
Donate to Me
More
I use Du Battery Saver and even after killing all the background apps, I still get less than a day's battery.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread