[Q]

29th April 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hello!!

Okay So I am going to apologize now.... Im not a complete noob.... but apparently enough so that I cant get this to work.... Ive read enough post *going on two weeks worth* and talked to sprint... I know its do able, But I cant figure out what/how to make it work!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Sprint version sph l720t It has a sim card slot, Ive read post about people actually unlocking the phone and using different domestic SIMS.... but When I try to find the steps to do so i get this mish mash mess of different things nothing coherent..... one site says flash a diferent modem (but doesnt say wich one or where to get it) another says edit the build.prop file to access the hiden menus?!?

Can someone please help me!
29th April 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,656

8,256 posts
More
It is NOT possible right now on the triband model. Only the regular GS4. Because you need to downgrade modem to MDC which is only available for the regular GS4 and will not flash on the Triband version.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Last edited by daniel4653; 29th April 2014 at 03:23 AM.
29th April 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

It is NOT possible right now OK the triband model. Only the regular GS4. Because you need to downgrade modem to MDC which is only available for the regular GS4 and will not flash on the Triband version.

sooooo all of the post of people saying they have? or sprint telling me it can be done?
29th April 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #4  
Flag Southern California

8,256 posts
More
Are ALL on the regular Sprint GS4. About 90% of the users on this forum have the regular phone. Sprint can unlock international but not domestic. And for sprint to.unlock the phone you have to have sprint service in good standing for at least 90 days.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

This one is domestic but only for the regular GS4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530610

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

And this is international but again only for the regular GS4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2415587

29th April 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:

Are ALL on the regular Sprint GS4. About 90% of the users on this forum have the regular phone. Sprint can unlock international but not domestic. And for sprint to.unlock the phone you have to have sprint service in good standing for at least 90 days.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

This one is domestic but only for the regular GS4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530610

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

And this is international but again only for the regular GS4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2415587

what is the mass difference that stops us from unlocking? What needs to be done/figured out to unlock? Ill start stocking the right people
29th April 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Spring Hil, TN
Thanks Meter: 56

333 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNote4Ever

what is the mass difference that stops us from unlocking? What needs to be done/figured out to unlock? Ill start stocking the right people

I believe that the phones have different hardware in them (mostly for the T to support Spark).

I have read where other people have tried, but ended up soft bricking phones.
29th April 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #7  
Flag Southern California

8,256 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCWG

I believe that the phones have different hardware in them (mostly for the T to support Spark).

I have read where other people have tried, but ended up soft bricking phones.

I don't think it is that much different since triband models are able to run Regular gs4 Roms with almost no issues.

29th April 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:

I don't think it is that much different since triband models are able to run Regular gs4 Roms with almost no issues.

So do you have any ideas? Im skilled with making most phones work. But im stumped on this one. Whats the difference? Spring has the SIM/GSM option.... I was at a spring store today, they said spring can and will unlock for domestic use.... just have to have it active on their service with 60days use.... OR I could unlock myself...... what are we missing?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread