Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]

Tip us?

GNote4Ever
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]

Hello!!

Okay So I am going to apologize now.... Im not a complete noob.... but apparently enough so that I cant get this to work.... Ive read enough post *going on two weeks worth* and talked to sprint... I know its do able, But I cant figure out what/how to make it work!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Sprint version sph l720t It has a sim card slot, Ive read post about people actually unlocking the phone and using different domestic SIMS.... but When I try to find the steps to do so i get this mish mash mess of different things nothing coherent..... one site says flash a diferent modem (but doesnt say wich one or where to get it) another says edit the build.prop file to access the hiden menus?!?

Can someone please help me!

daniel4653
Old
(Last edited by daniel4653; 29th April 2014 at 03:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2589
It is NOT possible right now on the triband model. Only the regular GS4. Because you need to downgrade modem to MDC which is only available for the regular GS4 and will not flash on the Triband version.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

GNote4Ever
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
It is NOT possible right now OK the triband model. Only the regular GS4. Because you need to downgrade modem to MDC which is only available for the regular GS4 and will not flash on the Triband version.

sooooo all of the post of people saying they have? or sprint telling me it can be done?

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2589
Are ALL on the regular Sprint GS4. About 90% of the users on this forum have the regular phone. Sprint can unlock international but not domestic. And for sprint to.unlock the phone you have to have sprint service in good standing for at least 90 days.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

This one is domestic but only for the regular GS4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530610

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

And this is international but again only for the regular GS4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2415587

GNote4Ever
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Are ALL on the regular Sprint GS4. About 90% of the users on this forum have the regular phone. Sprint can unlock international but not domestic. And for sprint to.unlock the phone you have to have sprint service in good standing for at least 90 days.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

This one is domestic but only for the regular GS4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530610

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

And this is international but again only for the regular GS4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2415587

what is the mass difference that stops us from unlocking? What needs to be done/figured out to unlock? Ill start stocking the right people

VandyCWG
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNote4Ever View Post
what is the mass difference that stops us from unlocking? What needs to be done/figured out to unlock? Ill start stocking the right people
I believe that the phones have different hardware in them (mostly for the T to support Spark).

I have read where other people have tried, but ended up soft bricking phones.
VandyCWG always says #AnchorDown for the 2014 Baseball National Champions!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Model: L720T
Rom: Rooted Stock, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: L720TVPUBNC6
Kernel: Stock
------------------------------------------------------

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCWG View Post
I believe that the phones have different hardware in them (mostly for the T to support Spark).

I have read where other people have tried, but ended up soft bricking phones.
I don't think it is that much different since triband models are able to run Regular gs4 Roms with almost no issues.

GNote4Ever
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I don't think it is that much different since triband models are able to run Regular gs4 Roms with almost no issues.

So do you have any ideas? Im skilled with making most phones work. But im stumped on this one. Whats the difference? Spring has the SIM/GSM option.... I was at a spring store today, they said spring can and will unlock for domestic use.... just have to have it active on their service with 60days use.... OR I could unlock myself...... what are we missing?