Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Thinking about switching to the G2 from the Note 3

OP tonyec7

15th April 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag El Paso
Thanks Meter: 27

215 posts
More
Is there a WiFi tether hack that enables you to use unlimited WiFi tether?

How easy is it to root?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
15th April 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 32

153 posts
I am really wanting to get rid of my VZW gs4 (since I'm on tmo now anyway) and get a g2 also. I will be following responses to this thread!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #3  
Flag West Melbourne Florida
Thanks Meter: 10

120 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyec7

Is there a WiFi tether hack that enables you to use unlimited WiFi tether?

How easy is it to root?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

i'm not sure about the g2, but i had a razr hd(verizon) that if you went in and changed the code for the wifi hack, you were able to use tethering without having to have it on your data plan...i applied it to my current phone(xperia z) but haven't used the tether option enough to know if the hack worked.
16th April 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag Washington

153 posts
With the extremely quiet threads here in g2 land I have to say I'm starting to wonder if it is going to be the next phone for me...

I want to get a phone on tmo but wondering if I should get the n5 instead. Coming from the gs4 I might miss the ir blaster from time to time, but that may be about it.
Last edited by AspenSTi; 16th April 2014 at 03:49 PM.
22nd April 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

270 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenSTi

With the extremely quiet threads here in g2 land I have to say I'm starting to wonder if it is going to be the next phone for me...

I want to get a phone on tmo but wondering if I should get the n5 instead. Coming from the gs4 I might miss the ir blaster from time to time, but that may be about it.

I also got a G2 and it is a superior phone over Note 3. But Note 3 is a decent phone too..
The Following User Says Thank You to buenarc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag Washington

153 posts
I have to say I was on the verge of returning this phone in about 7 days, but since the successful root process last night it's safe to say I'll be keeping it for some time. It was super easy to downgrade and root, now having access to add the audio mods and edit system stuff it has gotten soo much better! Can't wait to try a couple ROMs out now.

Now for my question, what's the deal with the white line issue? Is it autorec related or specific rom related? I wanna try an aosp rom out but not sure about the white line thing.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 64

120 posts
I can 2nd that. Downgrading took less than a half hour and there is no looking back. I've had a grip of phones and the G2 is the best one yet!!!!! My girlfriend has the Note 3 and both phones are awesome but that screen is just slightly too large for me

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenSTi

I have to say I was on the verge of returning this phone in about 7 days, but since the successful root process last night it's safe to say I'll be keeping it for some time. It was super easy to downgrade and root, now having access to add the audio mods and edit system stuff it has gotten soo much better! Can't wait to try a couple ROMs out now.

Now for my question, what's the deal with the white line issue? Is it autorec related or specific rom related? I wanna try an aosp rom out but not sure about the white line thing.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

The only time I ever got the white line issue was when I flashed PA. The white lines came when I turned on the screen. I had to force recovery because a reboot only fixed the issue for 2 minutes
29th April 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 77

293 posts
More
I had a S4 and sold it within two days. I then had a Note 2 that I traded with someone on Craigslist. There are certain things that I miss from my Note but for the most part this phone has to be one of the best phones that I have had yet. The camera alone is worth going to the G2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread