Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 49,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lost watch SW2, but phone is BT connected

Tip us?

mrgardiner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Lost watch SW2, but phone is BT connected

Hello,
Came home late on a Friday night, and took off watch in the house. Now a few days later, my phone will connect to the watch while in the house, but I have no way to find it. I am pretty sure vibrating is turned off on the watch. Is there any way to search for the watch? Can I see any stats about the watch such as watch battery level, or display settings. Everything in the Play store is geared towards looking at you Phone stats from your Watch, but I don't see anything to do the reverse. See settings on your watch from your phone.

The next best idea seems to be to purchase and Ubertooth One for packet sniffing, and hope the watch battery lasts long enough.

Anyone with some idea? Seems like a pretty basic feature that Sony should implement. How to find your missing watch using your phone? They have the "find my phone" app using your watch.

All the play store apps to search by BT strength are dependent on the device being in BT searching mode and not for already paired devices. Too bad this can't be set with the phone.

Thank you for any suggestions.

-Monterey

iPhantomhives
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgardiner View Post
Hello,
Came home late on a Friday night, and took off watch in the house. Now a few days later, my phone will connect to the watch while in the house, but I have no way to find it. I am pretty sure vibrating is turned off on the watch. Is there any way to search for the watch? Can I see any stats about the watch such as watch battery level, or display settings. Everything in the Play store is geared towards looking at you Phone stats from your Watch, but I don't see anything to do the reverse. See settings on your watch from your phone.

The next best idea seems to be to purchase and Ubertooth One for packet sniffing, and hope the watch battery lasts long enough.

Anyone with some idea? Seems like a pretty basic feature that Sony should implement. How to find your missing watch using your phone? They have the "find my phone" app using your watch.

All the play store apps to search by BT strength are dependent on the device being in BT searching mode and not for already paired devices. Too bad this can't be set with the phone.

Thank you for any suggestions.

-Monterey
If you have this installed, maybe it helps... > play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.smartwatch2.nffi ndsw2
(if you turned off vibrate, it won't help) Good Luck finding your Watch.

mrgardiner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you! That is just what I was looking for. I ended up finding my watch. Perfect.

-Monterey