Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more
Post Reply

Custom Rom Problem

OP diando

27th April 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Everytime I install a 4.4.2 ROM it works fine until I power-off completely. When I turn it back on the microphone and speakers stop working.

I can restart the phone and reboot to recovery and everything is fine.

Of course my phone is a d2att. I only seem to get it working again is when I restore a Nandroid backup of the stock ROM then reinstall the custom ROM.

Can someone tell me a permanent way to solve this problem so I can power off with my custom ROM?
27th April 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #2  
task650's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,847
 
21,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diando

Everytime I install a 4.4.2 ROM it works fine until I power-off completely. When I turn it back on the microphone and speakers stop working.

I can restart the phone and reboot to recovery and everything is fine.

Of course my phone is a d2att. I only seem to get it working again is when I restore a Nandroid backup of the stock ROM then reinstall the custom ROM.

Can someone tell me a permanent way to solve this problem so I can power off with my custom ROM?

You really haven't given any information that would help to diagnose your issues. Without information it's pretty much impossible to help you.

1.) What ROM?

2.) Fully wipe?

3.) Have you made any modifications that could conflict?

4.) Ect...
27th April 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

You really haven't given any information that would help to diagnose your issues. Without information it's pretty much impossible to help you.

1.) What ROM?

2.) Fully wipe?

3.) Have you made any modifications that could conflict?

4.) Ect...

I've installed Validus, C-ROM, CM11, AOKP.

None of them seem to have sound working on restart. I've tried re-flashing 4.1.1 stock via Odin then reinstall those ROMs but it never seem to work. Still have that problem after it is turned off.

I've fully wiped the phone clean every time.

Sound on the stock ROM works fine.
27th April 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #4  
task650's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,847
 
21,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Not really sure what to tell you as you seem to be one of the only users posting this type of issue as far as I can see. Maybe someone that has the same issue will chime in here.
Last edited by task650; 27th April 2014 at 10:11 PM.
27th April 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

Not really sure what to tell you as you seem to be one of the only users posting this type of issue as far as I can see. Maybe someone that has the same issue will chime in here.

Also other notes

Using the Google Experience Launcher when I use the hotword "OK Google" the beep sound is scratchy.
29th April 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Made another discovery, @task650, I flashed the stock recovery while running C-ROM and wiped the cache and it restored sound every time - though wiping the cache in CWM did nothing. I'm going to try TWRP now.

EDIT
--

TWRP wipe doesn't work but it does seems like there's a problem with how the cache works on my phone. Hopefully 4.4.3 based roms won't have the same issues but I will stick to stock recovery for now.

Is there any way to get a CWM flashable zip of the stock recovery or nandroid file?
Last edited by diando; 29th April 2014 at 05:21 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes