Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Okay to upgrade from 4.1.2?

OP Rich3077

29th April 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #11  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 204

864 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashred

Thank you! You're the first to shed some light on this for me. To get back to stock using the toolkit, would I need to first flash stock recovery, then Stock Firmware, then bone stock MC2? Afterwards boot in, accept the update, then re-root using the toolkit.

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I have been busy with work, and family things.Use billards return to full stock with counter reset. It installs everything including recovery, boot loader,firemware etc... Then set up your phone, when prompt accept the ota update.. Once done retoot, and flash what ever 4.3 rom you want.. The knox counter will still be there, but if you need a trip back to Sprint, go back to Full MC2 stock, knox counter will no longer be there.. Most 4.3 room do not include the Knox files so no worries there.
29th April 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #12  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 180

962 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashred

So, you came exactly where I did except you with a different ROM. I would like to get from my 4.1.2 rooted up to 4.3 rooted stock,deodexed, deknoxed if at all possible.

Sounds like it. The odd part, I have been able to flash Reject's stock deoxidezed deknoxed rom with no problem. I tried to flash Classic 3, but it froze on Classic's initial loading page (the one after the Samsung boot loader). I had issues another rom, but turned out it was for the international model; I wasn't paying attention where I was in the forums.

If you do what I did, you'll need to flash modem update using Odin on the PC. So, you may need to download Odin.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Depending on what you like to do, you may find 4.3 MK4 more limiting, espcially on the TouchWiz side. AOSP probably more mod friendly at this point. From what I've been able to find, there is only one custom kernal for 4.3 TouchWiz which is Devil's Kernal. It's solid, but my phone was unstable. Not sure if the phone since I may have taken out something it used when I was trying to debloat the phone. Didn't care for his Kernel Tweak manager. Neither the stock or devil's kernal supports Stweaks. Neither I could figure out how to change the boat loading animation.

I have nothing against AOSP projects. I like them. But as far as I know, none support the Spen, which I like to use with web browsers. Don't use the Samnsung Spen apps. Just wasn't that impressed with them, but I see how they can be useful. Although, SketchPro is really nice with it. I just find TouchWiz is more than sufficient for my needs and stock isn't as quirky.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread